CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Tyler Lake-Goshen-What to expect? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
A certain area that produces for me in the winter is the wall by the houses. Quick drop off against that wall with deeper water out that way.

So if I go up there next weekend Mike, how far do I walk out before I start cutting the hole?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rxpxtx wrote:
Michael wrote:
A certain area that produces for me in the winter is the wall by the houses. Quick drop off against that wall with deeper water out that way.

So if I go up there next weekend Mike, how far do I walk out before I start cutting the hole?

Good luck with swimming there, unless you can get a ride from a jetskier Laughing
Mr.Cranky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you guys nailed it. I decided to go this morning but got delayed, on the water around 8 or a bit before. Lots of weeds, fished the pockets on the way out to deeper water, pretty much straight out and a bit north (left) of the landing. 8' of water, 7' tall weeds. Picked up a few pickerel, and small sunnies on the way to deeper water. Ended up fishing the outer edge of the weeds in 10-12 feet of water. Decent action, perch were pretty small at 7-8", couple of bigger sunfish but not big enough to throw in the cooler, quite a few small bass, biggest around10" or so.

Then the power boats started in just as you said they would. Wasn't too bad but I really wanted a quieter environment so called it a day around 9:30 or so. I have plans for this afternoon anyway so didn't have a lot of time to spend there anyhow. Wind started to pick up some as well but that wasn't too much of a problem.

Only 2 other rigs in the parking lot, one left shortly after I arrived and the other was pulling in to load up as I was leaving. Not as busy as I thought it might be.

Your thoughts were right on target guys, thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: