CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help
Viewing Topic: Please help-need more top end
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ochofish8

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Please help-need more top end Reply with quote

So I have a 1992 Astro 18FDX with a 92 Mercury XR6. I top out at 47mph gps 5500RPM with a 23 pitch mercury mirage ss prop. My prop to pad height is 3.5". I had my boat and trailer weighed before registering it and it weighed 3000lbs. I love my boat, but it pisses me off when I get passed in tournaments by boats of the same size and hp. A boat dealership near me recommended I post about it because he thinks my boat is heavier than it should be, he expected like 2500lbs. Any input that anyone has to help me out is greatly appreciated because I don't know what to do anymore, I've run out of ideas and checks.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two years late, I know, but. . .

The dealer is right that your boat is WAAAAY heavier than it should be. I’d bet that the flotation foam in the hull is saturated with water. Or, it was used by drug runners and is loaded with hidden drugs. Or drug money. Hey, wanna sell it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: