CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Droppin the Bombshell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avidangler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Droppin the Bombshell Reply with quote

I headed over to Malone/Pine lake today for a couple of hours.
I decided to give these rubber turtles a try.After loosing the first one to a big pickrel i managed to pull this 12 inch bass through the algae.
I hooked up with another then lost it in the algae.
As i worked my way around in the back i ended up loosing 5 more in the thick snot.I finally managed to get one more through about the same size.
WOW!They really do work! The color was black back with a green belly.Weedless hooked.It was WAY TO weedy to throw a topwater due to the searching that took place last week.I'll have to give these a go again sometime.Bet they could pass as a green crab if rigged on a jig head. Very Happy

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
pmonahanct@aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubber turtles? really ? i've been out of the loop way too long
avidangler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what i said.Apparently big bass hate them because they raid their nests and eat their eggs."The Bombshell turtle" They've been out for a couple of years but,i just discovered them.Check them out.Made by Uncke Josh.

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I've never seen these before...interesting.

Here's a youtube vid

Link
AfternoonFisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: turtles Reply with quote

I watched the ICAST pool test for the Bombshell Turtle. It was not very impressive. It's cool that you caught some on it, but in the muck you were fishing, do you think it had an advantage over other creature baits?
AfternoonFisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: turtles Reply with quote

I watched the ICAST pool test for the Bombshell Turtle. It was not very impressive. It's cool that you caught some on it, but in the muck you were fishing, do you think it had an advantage over other creature baits?
avidangler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: turtles Reply with quote

AfternoonFisher wrote:

I saw the pool test also.They didn't seem too impressive to me either. I thought the were cool enough to try though.
I figured they could pass as green crabs for black fish even.Theni saw that they make crabs also...they didn't look to great and went with the turtles.

I think that in the SLOP...The fish thought they were frogs or something scurrying across the algae.I honestly think anything would have worked in that stuff.
Even a stick with hooks attached.
They are good if you want to fish that thick stuff OR skip them under something like docks.They skip like a flat stone and stay on top of the muck.
Hook sets were a bit difficult i found that if you feel the weight of the fish then set it
(Like a spook) you'll hookup more.

AfternoonFisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: good point Reply with quote

Yeah, I bet they do skip well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: