CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Toby's Pond 5/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Toby's Pond 5/2 Reply with quote

I woke up early this morning so I decided I might as well get a little fishing in. Decided to hit up Toby's Pond because I haven't been there in a while and it has always produced in the past.

I got there around 7:30 and fished to about 9:00. The sun was bright and there was no wind. There were literally hundreds of gills in the shallows (big ones at that) and the bass were patrolling around and some were sitting on beds.

I started throwing wacky senkos, rattle traps, texas rigged worms, and floating rapalas. Nothing was interested in anything. I worked with some bass on their beds over and over but they weren't having a thing. I managed to get 1 small largie on the fire tiger floating rapala.

I really want to go there and focus on panfish one day. Nothing like a nice panfish fry! However, I noticed on a sign that there is a 2 fish limit?! Shocked It said all bass species are catch and release only and all other fish are a 2 fish limit per day. I'm a bit surprised there would be a limit on panfish Question Question
x182dan

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Toby's Pond 5/2 Reply with quote

Jeff wrote:
I woke up early this morning so I decided I might as well get a little fishing in. Decided to hit up Toby's Pond because I haven't been there in a while and it has always produced in the past.

I got there around 7:30 and fished to about 9:00. The sun was bright and there was no wind. There were literally hundreds of gills in the shallows (big ones at that) and the bass were patrolling around and some were sitting on beds.

I started throwing wacky senkos, rattle traps, texas rigged worms, and floating rapalas. Nothing was interested in anything. I worked with some bass on their beds over and over but they weren't having a thing. I managed to get 1 small largie on the fire tiger floating rapala.

I really want to go there and focus on panfish one day. Nothing like a nice panfish fry! However, I noticed on a sign that there is a 2 fish limit?! Shocked It said all bass species are catch and release only and all other fish are a 2 fish limit per day. I'm a bit surprised there would be a limit on panfish Question Question

I my opinion that place is not going to produce any good sized bass. I have never seen anything bigger than say a couple pounds there. There are so many dink bass in there I dont actually think there were many legal bass for you to take before they made it catch and release. The limit on panfish is just stupid.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I always see that sign too when I go there. Not sure the reasoning behind that. Toby's is a very voluminous body of water with no shortage of panfish. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Toby's Pond 5/2 Reply with quote

[quote="x182dan"]
Jeff wrote:

I my opinion that place is not going to produce any good sized bass. I have never seen anything bigger than say a couple pounds there. There are so many dink bass in there I dont actually think there were many legal bass for you to take before they made it catch and release. The limit on panfish is just stupid.

What they need to do is allow fishermen to take a couple short bass per trip and start clearing the dinks out of there. There are tons of fish, but like Dan said, nothing of any size. Toby's is a nice spot to hit if you're in a funk not catching anything, but there are not big fish in there. It's a shame because that's a decent body of water.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you guys. I remember many many years ago before it was a public spot, I would pull out some nice size fish from there. Now it has been totally deforested etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: