CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Halls Pond/ CT River 4/28
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mase2020

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Halls Pond/ CT River 4/28 Reply with quote

So I decided to hit Halls Pond in Eastford with my son on our kayaks. Got on the water at about 7:30 Am a little later than I wanted to, but had to do some quick electronic repair on the depth finder connection.

When we arrived there was one car there and one other boat at the launch. There was some fog over the water, which was glass calm. The temp. was about 47 degrees. I could see small fish breaking the top of the water, which I thinks were Sunfish. Head straight from the launch to a rock pile, where I had something break me off on my third cast last year, and an area that continues to produce fish. Started by throwing a green flake watermelon colored Senko and on the third cast I had a large Pickerel. Continued around the lake and did not see much in the water for fish, only turtles. No bait fish, crayfish or anything else for that matter. The water temp. at launch was 53 degrees. The wind did pick up while I was there and I thought the fishing would with it, but I was wrong.

Continued to throw the Senko, along with an F9 gold Rapala and a DT 6 green crayfish colored crank bait and nothing, other than one Pickerel as I made my way back to the launch. My son was bored at about 9:00 AM after not catching anything so I told him we would leave at about 10:45 AM. Prior to leaving I made my way to the the area that produces and had something pick up the Senko again, but lost whatever it was plus the Senko.

Not much action talked to two different boats and people fishing from shore and one boat the gut had one small Bass and the rest Pickerel and the other both a few small bass plus Pickerel. Did not see any beds around the lake as well and since the water temp only reached 57 degrees I guessing that's why.

CT RIVER: ENFIELD
So I dropped my son off at Six Flags to meet my wife, my daughters and their friends. Leaving Six Flags I called my neighbor who was supposed to go fishing to see where he went and what he caught and learned he was on the CT River in Enfield. He said the river wasn't flowing too bad and he had caught some smallies already so I told him I would meet him there. Got on the river at about 1:15 PM and went over to the Suffield side why my neighbor was.

The depth finder was showing 6 feet of water and was murky so I threw the DT6 green cray colored Rapala after about ten minutes I got a hit from a large fish. Drag was set tight so I eased back on it and the fish started to run. I caught a glimpse of the fish in murky water and could not tell right away what it was, until I got it close later and learned it was a decent smallie. Continued to fight the fish for about five to six minutes and each time he got near he ran, but eventually with the help of my neighbor and his net I landed the fish which weighed 5 pounds and was a PB for me and smallies. Nothing else caught for me. Water temp was 54 degrees. Fish was released back with hopes to catch again.

PECo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish, Alan! Congratulations on your new Personal Best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome fish that is a pig smallie congrats.

One small thing is just watch them gills when you are weighin'em.
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love the smallie fights. Congrats on the PB.
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome smallie! Congrats on PB!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: