CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Paper Goods Pond Berlin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeersNBass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Paper Goods Pond Berlin Reply with quote

I've been here 3-4 times this year and caught a lot of small fish 12 inches or less mostly on 1/8 oz spinnerbaits and 4 inch senkos. Has anyone fished here more frequently and caught anything better. I know it's early so the big ones may be a little deeper. Just curious if anyone else has been here.
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live an eighth of a mile from there. A few years ago when I was younger and didn't have access to a car I would fish that pond EVERY day. The biggest I have ever gotten out of there is 4 pounds although I did see someone pull out a 5 pounder. Other than that, most bass are fairly small no matter when you go.
BeersNBass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool that's good to know where else have you fished in the area
flippy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beersandbass,,I grew up in Berlin,,I have caught alot of nice fish in papergoods,,papergoods is a run off of Harts reservoir,, papergoods was drained about 10 years ago to fix the dam,, I also used to fish Harts reservoir, even though its illegal,, Timberland golf course has some nice fish,,you can park up on Chamberlain Hwy and walk down,, you can fish the back side of the 13th hole in the woods,, just stay away from the golfers,,the car wash on the Berlin turnpike next to Morande ford,,if you go in the back next to the blue water tower, there is a pond back there,,watch out for the ticks,,lol,,also rte 9,, if you go to the Sherri cup factory,,you can park there and walk or carry a small boat to the 2 ponds on rte 9,,I also used to fish the bridge on High Rd,, lots of trout under the bridge,,Up near the Berlin fairgrounds there are quarries,,Now your talking big fish,,8 inch shiners for bait,,also if you fish the stream next to Mcgee middle school in Berlin,,there are nice trout,,then you have silver lake,,lol
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't have said it better myself flippy! Paper goods gets a lot of pressure around the parking area and it could get tough. If you get out on a boat your chances are much greater.
jimbojonez

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bounce a texas rig off the bottom at night for long enough usually produces at ppgds. the stop n shop ponds and clay pit ponds have bass and crappie. silver lake has weeds with some fish mixed in.
Mattabessett has fallfish, perch, small bass, rock bass, sucker, carp, 3 types of trout.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys thanks so much for the help. I've fished silver lake with some decent success. Have you ever had any trouble parking/ fishing in these spots. They sound good ill definitely be trying them out soon.
mikeyrob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Paper goods is a nice little spot! Reply with quote

Ive been fishing paper goods pond upper and lower for all my life as I grew up right next to it. Rapalas and topwater work great in the summer. Right now I have been killing them there with a Berkley power worm Texas rigged. About 2 Weeks ago I caught 13 fish in about 4 hours. I would say 8 were over twelve 2 were over 3 lbs and one was 5lbs all on the same color powerbait. They were not biting on anything else. I go there with a kayak and kill it in mid summer. The bass can get finicky and bite certain baits and colors at different times. This time of year red Shad is killing it but come June it will change to orange or tequila. Come October blue and black. Hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: