CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Hey Rvolkers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Hey Rvolkers Reply with quote

I'm off for the next three days starting Sunday if ya wanna hook up and hit the water on the Skeet! Candlewood opened today.

Any time any of those days are fine with me.

Carl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: shit! Reply with quote

well that figures - i will be off fishing thursday - friday-saturday and sunday
i just posted this over on ny forum i belong to! - i wish i could get the week off we could do something - let me know how you do! or if you are going to out on thursday! i think that is when we are doing lilli! - i have been getting some BIG pike all the way up the arm and drifting from the falls to that shallow flat ! swim baits and when the wind isn't howling WOUNDED SPOOKS are the ticket! -- thanks for the invite -- hopefully we will pull something off again soon - look forward to netting some fish for you!

in 1970 my roommate from college and i started our first spring fishing trip - the first trip was to NH we slept in vw beetle for 4 days and froze our ass off! since that first trip we have missed only 5 years - we fished all over the north east - and before it was torn down we spent MANY YEARS staying at the hay loft and fishing cross river! - since the we have been staying here in ct and getting out on my boat and one day on cross river and this week we will be at it again for 4 days

we will be fishing cross river - Squantz Pond - lilli - and some strips in the housy! wish me luck and hopefully i will have some great reports -- especially from Squantz Pond with the temps still cool the smallies should be moving around - the eyes should be around and there are always some great trout to be caught!
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a management meeting Thurs but next week we'll have to try to hook up! Love the VW report. Up until about five years ago myself and several other law enforcement officers used to camp out at the Shepaug in Roxbury for opening day. Under the stars rain or shine so I know all about freezing your butt off. LOL.

See ya next week.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck to you - let me know how you do!
rvolkers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how have you been doing -- THE WEATHER IS THE PITS!!!!!
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started to load the boat today then the wind and rain started. Unloaded it and went back to the couch. Nice weather on the horizon. I have the Kershal touney on Sunday then off Mon, Tues and Wed. Maybe we could hook up then.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: YUUP Reply with quote

heading to sqz pnd in the am - WINDY START and HIGH PRESSURE - (LOL) who could ask for more! - not in the cards for next week was lucky i could get away these next few days! - i will be out of the shop for 2 days - when i get back it will be like 2 years!

keep me posted
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: YUUP Reply with quote

rvolkers wrote:
heading to sqz pnd in the am - WINDY START and HIGH PRESSURE - (LOL) who could ask for more! - not in the cards for next week was lucky i could get away these next few days! - i will be out of the shop for 2 days - when i get back it will be like 2 years!

keep me posted

Gotchya ! My days off rotate and I have my frustration days I get for free. Stay in touch. Let me know what your schedule is and we'll definitely hook up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did you do last week?

our mid week went like this!

Thursday - SQNZ PND
fought the wind and high pressure - caught a few smallies - largies and trout had one fish around 4lbs the rest were all keepers all and all not a banner day but with the conditions we did pretty well and had a good day! - tubes-senkos-jerkbaits

Friday - LILLI
on the water early targeted BIG pike up by the flats near the falls with top water and spinnerbaits NOTHING - headed down the arm hit my usual coves and picked up a few decent smallies on tubes and jerks headed up past the bridge to the big cove on the left (usually a great spot) one big crappie - then headed back to amys rock and that cove things started to get good picked a bunch of keeper smallies and (LOL) lost a BIG pike around 38 inchs on a tube and 6 pound test line cut right through that!! we the headed towards the dam RIGHT SIDE (AGAIN LOL) i don't know what the hell happened whether the stars were all aliegned right or what ever but started catching smallies NONE STOP black tubes with a red flake - black senkos - and x-raps! after a couple of great drifts then headed accross the the other side AND ALL crap broke loose CAUGHT a ton of smallies mostly keepers and some big girls IT WAS SOMETHING that ONLY happens once in a while fish on every other cast and PLENTY of doubles - the afternoon/evenig (john had something VERY BIG striped line could not get him up and after a while the 6lb line gave way WE NEVER SAW IT but what ever it was IT WAS BIG - that was on a small perch colored x rap) so things were certainly getting made up for a slow morning - all said and done we figure at LEAST 70 fish between us! an afternoon/evening you would always remember if you you like to catch "NUMBERS" smallie fishing!! AGAIN NOT GIGANTIC FISH but on 4 and 6lb test line with TUBES -- JUST THE BEST anywhere ESPECIALLY for lilli

Saturday Afternoon - HOUSY
srippers THAT WAS THE PLAN so we stuck to it! had a good trip caught some -- but in my heart I WISHED WE WERE BACK AT LILLI in the evening to try it again!
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report and good week of fishing. Between work, wind and spotty rain I never had a chance to get out last week. The OT at work has been ridiculous. But I gotta do it while it's there. This is my last year working with the state. Eligible for retirement in 2014 so I gotta work the OT when I can. This is gonna be a tough year of fishing but better times a comm'en.

I worked a tourney at Candy today and made it out for an hour. My son picked up a few nice smallies. All right at 3-3.2lbs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: