CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: mattabasset river Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angry john wrote:
Its so cold i did not want to deal with jumping in after him.

Laughing Like you wouldn't, John! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
That's awesome, JesseC. Now I really, really want to take my kayak out on the water. Very Happy

The next time that you take your jon boat out, though, please wear personal flotation devices (PFDs). Wink I realize most of that section of the Mattabesset is probably shallow enough for you to stand up in it, but the regulations require appropriate PFDs to be readily accessible for every person on a boat. In addition, there's a special regulation that requires them to be worn on manually propelled vessels at this time of year:
Quote:
Sec. 15-121-A17. Personal flotation devices for manually propelled vessels.
During the period from October first through May thirty-first all persons aboard a manually propelled vessel shall wear a Type I, II, III, V or V Hybrid United States Coast Guard approved personal flotation device of appropriate size and in serviceable condition. Except as provided in subsection (b) of section 15-121-A13 of the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies, no operator, owner or user of said manually propelled vessel shall allow any person to be aboard who is not wearing such a device.

thanks for the info on the regs peco Very Happy didnt know they had to be worn, just thought i had to have them in the boat. I had a couple sitting on the floor in the boat i was using as a seat cushions cause i was too lazy to throw one on lol.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JesseC wrote:
thanks for the info on the regs peco Very Happy didnt know they had to be worn, just thought i had to have them in the boat. I had a couple sitting on the floor in the boat i was using as a seat cushions cause i was too lazy to throw one on lol.

You're welcome, but I'm just "paying it forward". Very Happy I met a guy in Hamburg Cove during the Spring last year who told me about the special regulation. He said that he had been given a ticket by an EnCon officer when he paddled back to the ramp in his canoe without his PFD on, even though he had one readily accessible in the canoe. Sometimes, it's best to learn from someone else's mistakes. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Sometimes, it's best to learn from someone else's mistakes. Wink

So true PECo. I won't be dining and dashing in front of any cops! Laughing
Been living vicariously through the posts of others as I have been off the water for a while. GRII is now ready to go! I think I would have had more of a sense of urgency if you guys had been hammering the fish. Hoping the temps will at least stay up in the 40's through the weekend, but I'm out regardless.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redneckangler wrote:
PECo wrote:
Sometimes, it's best to learn from someone else's mistakes. Wink

So true PECo. I won't be dining and dashing in front of any cops! Laughing

Been living vicariously through the posts of others as I have been off the water for a while. GRII is now ready to go! I think I would have had more of a sense of urgency if you guys had been hammering the fish. Hoping the temps will at least stay up in the 40's through the weekend, but I'm out regardless.

Haaa, haaaa, Brian. . . . Laughing

The lower Housy is definitely picking up. Unfortunately, not just the fishing. Confused The parking lot at the Sunnyside Boat launch Facility in Shelton was full to overflowing, yesterday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: