CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: salmon river cove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass warrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: salmon river cove Reply with quote

Im planning on canoing into the cove tomorrow. The weather looks good , hopefully the ice out bite will be on Laughing I havent fished this spot much but plan on fishing it much more... so any info or tips would be much appreciated.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that catfish hold on the east side of the cove in the Spring. Good luck! Very Happy

I'm looking forward to your report. I've never had much success in Salmon Cove. Heck, I haven't had any success in the Connecticut River or any open waters that I've reached from it this year. Not yet, at least. Wink

Last edited by PECo on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year Angry John and I went there and caught a pile of cats on rapala's and crank baits sortly after ice out east wall way up near the ledge by the house

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last year the channel cats were hitting small shiny jigged lures in and around Salmon Cove. Kastmasters and those other little bent ones I forget the name. sidewinders? i dunno. there were whites channels, bowfin, pike, and bass in the canal, and white perch near the launch (thats where some guys who target them fish)
Bass warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we hit the launch yesterday at about 9am.(roughly mid tide) Getting out into the cove was a challenge in the canoe, but we made it all the way down past machimoodus state park. We fished the whole way down with no luck. not even a bite. I was with two friends were had the same result. We all threw several different lures, worms, and baits. So the fishing wasnt the best, but the birding was incredible. We spotted three golden eagles and we crept up on a big ol bald eagle right near the park. The whole cove was flooded with swans all day. Soo we had an uneventful day fishing, but a beautiful day in open water with an awesome scenery. Thanks for the response. Ill be back out there again.
Maximillion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It because I didnt join you guys Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pheobe. Smile
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbojonez wrote:
pheobe. Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: