CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: preparing to fish thr Naugatuck river Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avidangler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://books.google.com/books?id=tVLtl98q9bsC&pg=PA134&lpg=PA133&ots=hD9R85ycM6&dq=kinneytown+dam+fishing+access&output=html_text. Here are some words to go with your beautiful art work.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
elm city matt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rather B. Fishin"]I had some extra time (and highliters) at work today, so I put this together.
You guys hiring? Sounds like a perfect job for Michael!!!!
Seriously though if you want some company on the river pm me i work nights so can go any day anytime. Been jonesin to put the waders on and get in the water.
Rather B. Fishin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I get paid pretty well to research fishing spots all day!

I'm thinking about heading over there early Saturday morning. All my fly gear is packed up but I have some mepps I converted to single hook so I think I could have some luck on those or even drifting a mealworm. I'll message you Friday night if I'm going.
elm city matt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me I don't usually use flies in the winter.
avidangler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch where you go if you plan on mealies.There is no bait fishing of any kind in the broodstock areas.The Derby dam on the Housatonic is usually a good spot after it rains.Alewives and other kinds of forage fish get washed over it.If there is little to no water coming over the dam then don't waste your time there and head to Sullivan's island to the mouth if the Naugie.Otherwise,try the Beacon falls section.Campville section shows signs of salmon starting to drop down the river.Reports are showing less in that area and more from Waterbury and south from there.This rain is going to move them around and add food to the water.White is a good fly color.plenty of movement to it is a must..i have also had good luck with a silver blue fox spinner.size 1 and tie on white or chartuse feather/bucktail.THE FISH OF A MILLION CASTS!

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avidangler wrote:
I don't think the tidal section is included.Beacon falls and campville are the broodstock areas.You may however have to let a salmon go when targeting stripers.And then the single swing free down there when you are TARGETING them.I have heard of people catching salmon on zoom flukes but. had to release them because a jig doesn't freely swing.I don't know for sure.Why can't you tie a "rapala" knot?That make your hook freely swing all over the place.

I heard back from the DEEP. The limitation on angling methods only applies to the Three Designated Broodstock Areas:
Quote:
Salmon are Stocked Into Three Designated Broodstock Areas:
• Naugatuck River:
— From Route 118, Litchfield-Harwinton, downstream to the
Thomaston Dam (Upper section).
— From Prospect Street, Naugatuck, downstream to Pines Bridge
Road, Beacon Falls (Lower section).
• Shetucket River: From the Scotland Dam, Scotland, downstream to
the Occum Dam, Norwich.

As avidangler wrote, you can fish with whatever otherwise legal lures you want in the lower Housy, unless you're targeting Atlantic salmon, in which case the limitation on Atlantic salmon fishing methods applies. Phew! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing the artwork and Phil's DEEP reply, seems like the lower tidal section of the Naugy doesn't go by lure and bait regs but still goes by size and limit regs.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elm city matt wrote:
Rather B. Fishin wrote:
I had some extra time (and highliters) at work today, so I put this together.

You guys hiring? Sounds like a perfect job for Michael!!!!
Seriously though if you want some company on the river pm me i work nights so can go any day anytime. Been jonesin to put the waders on and get in the water.

I'll def take an art skills or math skills job! I get creative with flat screen designs and have always been a wiz at basic math and algebra! Very Happy

And Matt, send me a PM if you're ever down my way and wanna do some hopping around from river to river. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: