CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Calling PECo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
polstery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Calling PECo Reply with quote

Can you help me with the sunnyside launch, do I need to get a sticker or pass to use the launch. If so where. Btw I have the same boat but in gray loved it now for 6 years. Hope to see you on the water.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply. I was on my way down to Shelton to fish the lower Housy from the Sunnyside.Boat Launch Facility when you posted this. Laughing

NWDarkcloud (aka Bob), called the Shelton Town Clerk to ask about buying a permit for Sunnyside. The Clerk didn't even know that the town has a boat launch facility. Shocked After she asked around her office, she told Bob that the permits are sold on an annual calendar year basis. However, as far as she knew, the town wouldn't begin selling 2013 permits until Opening Day in April. So, in other words, nobody has a valid permit from New Year's Day to Opening Day each year! Rolling Eyes

The Clerk told Bob that although she couldn't tell him he could use the boat launch facility without a permit until Opening Day, he could to do so at his own risk of getting a $100 ticket. My understanding from speaking with some of the locals is that Sunnyside is like a lot of other permit only launches in the area; they only enforce it between Opening Day or Memorial Day and Labor Day.

That said, I can't guarantee that you wouldn't get a $100 ticket if you were to launch and park there before Opening Day. However, I'll take my chances. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help,I'll take my chances too. Hope to meet you down there one of these days. Right now I'm looking at Saturday but would really like it to be at least 40. You'll know the boat.
polstery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to ask how did you do?
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stripers were extremely finicky, today. I went with Michael (aka Michael) and we each got only 10. Confused

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so peco I see a pm coming to my inbox from you with info on where when and how to catch them now..

=)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 10 is way better than work any day.
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! After reviewing the photos, we actually got 21, not including the ones that Michael snag hooked. I forgot to count the fish I caught when we got a double, so I got 11 and he got 10. I posted a report.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: