CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: First Trout of the Year!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: First Trout of the Year! Reply with quote

Saturday buddy and I hit the Pequonnock. Our first stop was a pond in Monroe around 2:30pm.

I stuck with my trusty brown trout Flat Rap FLR-6 while buddy tried throwing mealies, power bait, spinner, and a olive green muddler FLR-6. There was ice covering most of the pond but it was very thin and easy to break. Weeds were still in there.

There was only one spot that had enough open water to cast. I lost a trout and buddy never got any hits on the bottom or with the FLR-6 and spinner. I also tried playing topwater on top of milfoil with a shad Shallow Shad Rap SSR-7 but never got any swirls.

Later we headed to Old Mine Park. Fished our usual spots but never got any hits.

Last stop was the TTA. I had 1 hit, 1 swirl, and caught an 11" brown with the brown trout FLR-6. Buddy got a mealie robbed and never had any hits on pink power bait.

Hit the road around 5pm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: