CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Atlantic Salmon and sea-run Browns Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AfternoonFisher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Fishing police Reply with quote

I'm with Seadog......no need for negativity on the site. I always enjoy the reports and advice given by anyone, but any adult man shouldn't need to get on the site to brag and put others down.
TheFishingPolice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post!

Last edited by TheFishingPolice on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
TheFishingPolice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight...

I put up 3 posts, making fun of all the silly superstitions most surf fisherman have, and my account gets deleted.

Then I make another post, making fun of my surf fishing friends (gasp! I actually know those guys in real life! and fish with them!). I get a long winded PM from seadog (who i have never contacted or ever posted on one of his threads), telling me i have a very negative attitude. I'm sorry you can't take a joke and can't find humor in the sport of fishing, and all the rituals guys have. I wasn't putting any person down, or attacking anyone personally. BUT you pm'ing me, telling me how "negative" I am, is personal. thanks for going out of your way to tell someone else how to act.

Then I post up THE ONLY REVELANT INFO in this kids thread. I posted up valuable information about how to catch one of the most elusive fish in CT. And at the end of my post, i made a joke about how fishing for sea runs is a total waste of time. trust me i know, i fish for them all the time. yet again it was a joke, because 24 out of 25 times, you are casting to nothing at all. its fishing for a ghost, and he didnt take it personally, he laughted about it.

then i got another page long pm from seadog, telling me more about my negative attitude. REALLY? I was the only person to give this kid some information, and you pm me cause of a joke at the bottom? give me a friggin break!

then i put up a photo of a sea run that i caught recently cause the op asked for some photos, and i FINALLY take a jab at seadog (who at this point has gone out of his way twice to insult me, thanks guy).

and low and behold i get another page long pm from him, which i stopped reading half way down because it just talked about how great he is and how much of an ass i am. Rolling Eyes

im sorry you guys can't laugh at fishing, maybe you have some herring stuck up your @sses?
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Ah ! Someone doesn't seem to comprehend that PM stands for "Private Message" and to remain private between them !

Oh! ...And again insulting your fellow fishermen with the herring jab.
SAD very SAD Exclamation

Have a nice day TFP !

Best regards,
SeaDog1
fishfinder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea dog, as 1 of the people he was breaking balls on you really need to chill out. Yes this is a forum and most everyone on here will get their chops busted at sometime or another. You yourself took a stab at PECO by posting that Asian singer. Most everything is in fun but not always but its not your job here unless you are a secret administrator???????

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi FF,

Hold one moment !

In "No Way" was I slandering his ethnic origin -> I lived in the Phillipines for almost 2 years and love everything about the Phiilipino people, culture, food, etc. !
I don't have a prejudicial bone in my body for any race.

YES! ....We all do a lot of good natured kidding on here -> But you've never ever read where I insulted anyone with foul language or called them using foul names !

(Belive me ! ...I can lay down some real dirty nasty sailor talk if I wanted to -> Which would make the devil himself turn green with envy -> But what would that accompish? - "Nothing" -> Better to have a bit of Class then to be Crass !)

Plus you have never ever read where I put anyone down because of what, or how they do their fishing. (Where .... was a different issue if done on private property without permission -> That's poaching !)

I would never tell anyone it's a waste of time to fish for a particular fish -> Not even supposedly in jest -> Why? what possible purpose would a negative comment like that do !
If anything -> I would try to post positive suggestions on what may help to improve their fishing and catch that elusive fish.

That's what this forum is all about !
To inform and help our fellow fishermen.
We all signed the agreement, when we registered with this forum, to publicly be civil and respectful towards our fellow fishermen even if we disagree!
Busting chops is fine !
But doing it in a mean insulting manner is Not !
There is absolutely No justifiable reason to do that !

Give me at least that little bit of credit here -> There is a big difference between posting helpful positive suggestions and negative posts with mean spirited jabs at any fellow fisherman.

I love this forum because its members do their utmost to promote good helpful info as well as set an example of good respectful sportsmanship in an activity we all love to do !
It's all too easy for this forum to spiral downwards into the gutter, like other fishing forums have, if we can't remain civil and respectful towards each other !

Best regards always,
SeaDog1

Last edited by SeaDog1 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheFishingPolice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaDog1 wrote:
Hi,

Ah ! Someone doesn't seem to comprehend that PM stands for "Private Message" and to remain private between them !

So it's ok for you to be nice on the forum, and then PM me telling me what an @sshole I am???

I dont need to PM you, because anything I have to say I can say for everyone to read!! unlike you.

The only time I was negative and used foul language or called someone names was YOU, in response to your PM's, because well, you went out of your way to personally try to belittle me, tell me how wrong i am and how right you are.

i see you PM'ed me again, titled "your FUNNY, NOT!"

im not even going to open that crap. what a joke!
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFP .

Rage and make insults all you want at me because I don't care one way or the other!
I "NEVER" called you a name either publicly or privately.

But doing so towards other members, as in your "herring up your a$$$$s" comment", ......Well -> won't win you many friends !
Your schoolboy bullying tactics and comments are proof of your low regard towards fellow members !

Debating you further over this issue is just not worth expending any more of my time on !

Have a nice day,
SeaDog1
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow you guys it's not a big deal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Fishing police Reply with quote

AfternoonFisher wrote:
I'm with Seadog......no need for negativity on the site. I always enjoy the reports and advice given by anyone, but any adult man shouldn't need to get on the site to brag and put others down.

I second. I'm on SeaDog's side about TFP.
fishingkid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dis gon b good Cool
jimbojonez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyways... Maine is really not that far away, and has the largest sea run brown population in our region. According to the following article there are big sea run brook trout as well Very Happy http://maineoutdoors.com/fishing/southcoast.html
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbojonez wrote:
anyways... Maine is really not that far away, and has the largest sea run brown population in our region. According to the following article there are big sea run brook trout as well Very Happy http://maineoutdoors.com/fishing/southcoast.html

Nice site. Love fishing the sea run trout. They're just few and far between up here. Would love to do a week up in Maine during the spring.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
jimbojonez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is just another great article about the sea run brook trout specifically. http://www.fishermensvoice.com/archives/0309secretsofmainessearunbrooktrout.html Has anyone caught any sea run tiger trout here in CT? According to the DEP they were stocking nearly as many (still not a lot) as they were browns a few years back.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbojonez wrote:

Hi,

Great site ! -> Thanks for posting it, I enjoyed reading it.

Ah! ..."Salters" , been a long time since I fished for SeaRun Brookies -> must be 16-17 years now when I had my 1st and only experience fishing for them at the mouth of a small Labrador river.

Talk about super strong fish -> No jumping -> More like a Bulldog headed for the bottom.
Went down to 1x tippet and they still broke that -> Had to switch to 9 ft. straight 20 lb. test mono
They didn't seem to mind any fly in particular just something big !
Don't think my friend and I landed anything less then 3 lbs. -> All looked like NFL footballs with a small head at one end and a big square tail at the other ! Shocked

That's a day I'll always remember ! Thumbs Up

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: