CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Ct. River 11/18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DCAJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Ct. River 11/18 Reply with quote

Sunday looked like a good day to try and get out so I hooked up the boat and headed down to the Salmon River launch. I arrived there around 9:00 and when I got there, much to my surprise was Phil (Peco) just about to launch with Ryan who I just met and Mark who was going out in his kayak.

We were all heading for the canal so I jumped in my boat, opened up my 6 hp johnson and was there in less than half an hour. Surprised

I took my time working my way up the canal trying jigs, tubes and crankbaits with no bites at all. When I finally got almost to the end of the canal, I could see Phil, Ryan and Mark. I was throwing a strike king red eye shad near some brush when I got a nice hit. I thought for sure it was a pike but I was glad to see it was a really nice bass. I took my time getting the fish in. My scale wasn't working so Phil and Ryan came over and we weighed the fish. One scale said it was just under 5 pounds, the other scale said it was just over 5 pounds.

So I guess the fish is a 5 pounder and was 20 and a half inches long.

After that, I picked up another 15 inch bass and crappie on the red eye shad and yellow perch on a tube.
Not too many good days left so it was nice to get out and hook up with everyone.
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish dave peco and I where looking at the other pics today ....
Shinners Wink

Last edited by NWDarkcloud on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pig Dave!
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pig! Question for ya, what kind/size boat is that? I need to get something bigger than the 12'' jon boat I have, but it needs to be light enough to pull with a car with a 1000 lb. capacity, also how fast can you get it with the 6hp? Thanks for any info, Dan
DCAJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dan,
The boat is a 14 foot Polar Kraft. I picked it up last November and had very little use. The 6hp johnson is not fast but it's fine if you're hitting a few close places on the rive like going from the Salmon river launch, to the canal, then to Chapmans pond.
The boat can handle up to a15 hp motor and is light.
I don't think it would be any problem towing with a car.
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to find something like that on Craigslist for next year, maybe with a little more engine too, sometimes I have to make longer runs to where I fish Wink
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Tracker Guide V14 with a nice 25HP Mercury. Has a trailer and all. I started building the boat this spring but I have no time anymore. It has a carpeted 8 foot front casting deck. $800 and it's yours. That's what I paid for it. Let me know it's a good winter project

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! PM sent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: