CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: housy striper information???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rvolkers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: housy striper information??? Reply with quote

since i got my boat last winter the only thing i have been looking forward to is the striper fishing on the housy in the fall!

if anyone could fill me in on what is involved - where to go - where to launch the boat and baits -- IT WOULD BE A LIFE SAVER!

i have just heard so many folks say what a blast IT IS AND WE WANT TO TRY IT!

thanx ---- I OWE YOU ONE!!!
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of any other launches besides the Birdseye ramp.

Lures include soft plastics, bucktails, plugs, and crankbaits.

Areas to go would be from the mouth of the Housy to the power lines.

As of now stripers should be active in the lower areas around Milford and Stratford.
AlexF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a launch behind sunnyside school in shelton. I see tons of boats in the water there throughout late fall and winter catching smaller stripers maybe 20"-25" on white shad bodies with jig heads. Hope this helps.
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, white or silver FinS fish on jigheads, use your electronics to find the fish Wink
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pearl white or silver Super Flukes and pearl white or chartreuse curly tail grubs on a jighead or bucktail.
ripline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been some issues with launching at Sunnyside. Hopefully by next month those issues will be a thing of the past.

The bait choices suggested are right on, pearl superfluke, on 1/2 oz jighead is my 1st choice. Also bass assasins, fin-s, sluggos, bucktails/grub traler and shad bodies all will work on occasion. Alewife and white/light colors mostly but chartreuse to mix it up.

Last season Alabama rigs were the flavor of the month but it's not for me.

Good luck and be safe.
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you head out in the spring next year, bring a few plugs or crankbaits too. Lipless, minnow, or shad.

April 2011 I was on a friend's boat and we went as far north as the power lines and as far south as the Audubon. He only caught 1 schoolie on soft plastics while I caught a total of 8 up to 27" all with a Rapala Shallow Shad Rap SSR-9.

Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Volks! You can launch under the Rte 8 Bridge anytime. If the rivers flowing it's a good idea to have a partner with ya. Past couple days I've seen a few decent ones coming back from the area. Most of the schools are down by Sikorski and moving up river slowly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Wanna Fish"]Hey Volks! You can launch under the Rte 8 Bridge anytime. If the rivers flowing it's a good idea to have a partner with ya. Past couple days I've seen a few decent ones coming back from the area. Most of the schools are down by Sikorski and moving up river slowly.[/quote]

NICE!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: