CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Finally got out today....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chud059

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Finally got out today.... Reply with quote

...been a busy couple of weeks between meetings and new LTO and certifications...and a stupid tooth pulled yesterday...Anyway... went up to Valley Falls for a bit, was using some ssr5 rapalas and a mister twister 2" white grub. I caught one bass on the grub... there was a kid there caught 3 bass said he was using wacky rig and a kastmaster spoon. Was talking to an older gentleman who said they are going to re stock on Sept 15th there. The kid I was talking to was 8 maybe 9? pretty smart kid, he was telling me about the bass he caught on the ct river using the rapala xr something or other, some blues and snappers down by the shore. Telling me the difference between how a bass, sunfish and weeds feel on a crankbait and how he can tell the which is which... using words like "tick tick...tick...tick.."

Then went over to risley for a while, water was way down, not as bad as it was a couple years ago but pretty shallow. Nothing there, probably cuz it was the middle of the day again....was going to go to tall wood country club and fish footehill pond but had to come home and do some stuff.

That's all I got. Hope you all can get out for a bit today.
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was wonderin' what you've been up to - hadnt seen any posts lately

It figures that just as I really start to get into fishing Bolton (middle) the algae crept in and Risley has been really not much to speak of. I managed to get down to the lilypad land that is the Hop River trail right off of the entrance of 384 - got weedless frogs? go there! its an awful mess but they do love the frogs down there

havent been to Valley Falls at all this year - never had much luck - maybe thats the spot im missin out on this season - ill have to check it out again
chud059

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most people go to Valley FAlls for the trout. it's quiet there now that school is back in session and most people are getting back to the school/work schedule. I don't really have another opportunity to fish again until monday. Then I'll to footehill pond and I'll hit risley at evening time, that's when I've had the most luck.

That pond your talking about is that bolton notch pond? where the access road is dangersously right off the beginning of 384? Who ever designed that was nuts. Been there before. never any luck but I have frogs so maybe I'll try that on monday also.
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the place - access road is a suicide turn - put your turn signal/hazzard lights on EARLY!

frogs for 90 % of the pond BUT i did have a little luck on down the trail a bit where the path splits into 3 and the lily pads break and open up to some clear spots and a current
chud059

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple of years ago they had a freeze fish kill there. You can also access by the old drive in that's just past the dirt road entrance.
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, by the drive-in? didnt know that - im gonna hit that end on sunday then and see what I can see
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, by the drive-in? didnt know that - im gonna hit that end on sunday then and see what I can see
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: