CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Halls Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mase2020

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Halls Pond Reply with quote

Hit Halls Pond again with my neighbor as I really liked it the first and only time I went. See my other report on the layout. We got to the water at about 7:00 AM and the water was glass calm and there was some surface action which appeared to be sunfish. There were a few boats on the lake and more launching and if you have ever been there you know that two vehicles at that launch could be a lot.

For most of the day I threw a 5" Yum Dinger watermelon candy or Senko lime green laminate. The bite was slow and could barley tell fish had picked up the worm. Caught one near an island straight across from the launch. One small one in a cove and two on the south west part of the lake where I and other people seem to have the most luck. I was able to get three out of four fish on camera.

Spoke to others fishing and they also reported it was slow, but I really like the place due to the fact there are islands, not a lot of boats and houses around it.

I caught all on the Yum Dinger which I really like. Funny thing is when I switched to the Senko you can really tell the difference between the two, just personal preference, but I appeared to have better feel with them over the Senkos.

[IMG]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu91/mase2020/temporary-
16.jpg[/IMG]

PECo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Halls Pond Reply with quote

Mase2020 wrote:
I caught all on the Yum Dinger which I really like. Funny thing is when I switched to the Senko you can really tell the difference between the two, just personal preference, but I appeared to have better feel with them over the Senkos.

Uh, oh, Alan. Rolling Eyes Now we'll have to have a Dinger versus Senko tourney. Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fishing!
Mase2020

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Halls Pond Reply with quote

Uh, oh, Alan. Rolling Eyes Now we'll have to have a Dinger versus Senko tourney. Wink Laughing[/quote]

Your on Phil all though I know I have no chance against your magical Senkos. LOL Laughing The funny thing is the only reason I bought them was because I could not find any Senkos in Dicks in the color I was looking for when we had the tourney on Williams pond. Since then I find that I can feel the fish better and have better contact with the bottom. When I switched from the Yum Dinger to the Senko last week I could not feel the bottom or the fish as well and I kept setting my hook at nothing. I know you like the fall rate and movement of the Senkos and are probably right about that with them, but there was a major difference. The one thing bad I can say about the Yum Dingers is that the color fades on the ones with the flakes in them.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, any excuse to go fishing! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

halls pond is a whole different pond after dark!!!!!

the nite bite is wicked in there!! bring your bug spray.
Mase2020

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishinschmoe wrote:
halls pond is a whole different pond after dark!!!!!

the nite bite is wicked in there!! bring your bug spray.

I will have to try it any tips on the nigh fishing there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: