CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bolton toxic algea? wtf?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Bolton toxic algea? wtf? Reply with quote

I saw on fox61 news last night they found toxic blue-green algae in the Bolton lakes(all of them) and they issued a warning to have "no contact" with the lakes, WTF??? Rolling Eyes
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah - i found out 3 days too late and was in thee wit ha friend when the bloom hit - i was fine up in my boat but my buddy was belly boating around - hope he'll be alright from the waist down - fishing elsewhere till that clears up
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe they said long term exposer can lead to kidney failure, among other things, ummm Kira I wouldnt swim fish there anytime soon! WTF???
J8851

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the worst part about is they knew about it a couple days before it aired on the news stations.

The letter I saw about the algae bloom was different than what the news said. The letter said there is a risk of having GI problems if you ingest any of the water. It also said in extreme cases people may keyword may have kidney failure.

I believe the algae at this time was only found in one of the lakes, but I forgot which one.
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on how the bloom happened?
knowfish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not the largest creatures in the outdoors that pose the most danger to humans, its the smallest ie. toxic algae, parasites, ticks and mosquitos to name a few. These little beings can make you awfully ill or dead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: