CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Me and Tattoo Mike fish Middle Bolton
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Me and Tattoo Mike fish Middle Bolton Reply with quote

Went fishing 5 days ago and finally got around to rushing an edit of the trip - I caught absolutely ZERO fish all while tossing a million different rubber pieces from Mister Twister - gotta keep tryin'

Mike managed to land 8 bass that day. First one was right as you turn to the right out of the boat launch - there seems to be a massive submerged land mass of old dead tree roots and stumps - a very good place to begin.

We continued to paddle to the right, around the bend to a few docks and lilies then returned back the way we cam. Mike finished strong with a 3 pounder and we headed back to the dock.

Once the boats were deflated we walked across the street to the disgustingly delightful lily pad pond and caught nothin' I know there's huge fish in there - just didnt see any that night ( and the camera sucks in the dark so no footage of that pond, yet )

The video highlights a few spots we paddled to and a few of Mike's catches.

Link
chud059

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always got snagged fishing from the launch area there. I gave up fishing there.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Me and Tattoo Mike fish Middle Bolton Reply with quote

MANIMAL wrote:
I caught absolutely ZERO fish all while tossing a million different rubber pieces from Mister Twister

I like Mister Twister, too, but next time, try some rubber pieces from Gary Yamamoto! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo im stickin to all things mister twister and trigger x worms - you keep chuckin Gary's bait hahahaha

Chud - its rough fishing from shore if you're not doing topwater - lotsa underwater snags from shore but once you get out on the water its pretty good - ive had way better days there and plan to go back for the rest of the year - im burnt out on Ris Res
J8851

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful in the Bolton lakes. We were just told about some kind of algae bloom that is giving people GI problems. Can't remember the name of the algae bloom, but there was a letter sent out about it. Not sure which lake its in. Just a heads up.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J8851 wrote:
Careful in the Bolton lakes. We were just told about some kind of algae bloom that is giving people GI problems. Can't remember the name of the algae bloom, but there was a letter sent out about it. Not sure which lake its in. Just a heads up.

It was toxic blue-green algae:

http://bolton.govoffice.com/vertical/sites/%7B30EEBA3C-BE1C-42AE-911F-0E304A672785%7D/uploads/Blue-Green_Algae_Bloom_at_Bolton_Lake.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thanks for that info - wish I had known earlier this week I would have fished elsewhere - feelin ok so far
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: