CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: First Kayak trip to Toby's Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: First Kayak trip to Toby's Pond Reply with quote

Last weekend I bought one of the Kayaks that user rvolkers was selling. I went out and paddled around a bit that day but today was the first day I was able to actually get out and do a little bit of fishing. i was going to go to the Seymour Quarry where I have been more than anywhere this summer, but they seem to not be taking too kindly to it anymore at the bus company. They put a bus blocking the entrance and I wasn't going to carry in the yak from across the street. So I went down the road to Toby's where I have had a little luck catching small LMB's but not much else. I launched around 5:30PM I was throwing a wacky senko and a Rapala JSR05. I lost the senko in a tree within about 3 minutes so I just went with the Rapala. First cast I got a hit but eventually lost it. I ended up paddling around the entire pond over the next two hours. I ended up catching 2 10" bass which is pretty much the same size I always catch there.

It was a really nice time just to be out on the water and paddle around. I started getting better with casting and steadying the kayak so I wasn't drifting all over the place when I was reeling in. I wish I had had more time this week to get out but I really look forward to being out on the water as opposed to standing on the edge much more in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, congratulations on finally getting out on the water! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job - have fun and catch some big-ones!!!!!!
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Stephan! Hopefully we can get out kayaking together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: