CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Stillwater Pond 08/21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Stillwater Pond 08/21 Reply with quote

I pedaled The Other Woman around Stillwater Pond, today, from about 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm. My mother is in town from Chicago and I wanted to give her a small taste of how I spend a lot of my time. I put her in a lawn chair on the stern of The Other Woman and gave her an umbrella to provide some shade from the sun. The air was a cool 75 degrees and there was a steady seven mile per hour north wind. I trolled a Perch Rapala Jointed Shad Rap JSR07 and a Yellow Perch Shad Rap SR05 clockwise around the pond from the ramp on the west shore. I tried to stay in about 10 feet of water, so I didn't go very far to the north before headed across to the east shore and back down toward the dam. I had two bites from what I could tell were only small fish on the Yellow Perch SR05, but both spit the small treble hooks. I hate treble hooks! Mad My mother was more interested in picking a couple of lily flowers to take home for one of my nieces and one of my nephews than fishing. Rolling Eyes She'll head back to Chicago in the morning, tomorrow, so I'll be back out on the water soon. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must of felt nice to have your mother relaxing on the kayak with you while you're fishing
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you got out there and showed her what you enjoy doing.
colburn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So both of you were on the same 'yak?
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colburn wrote:
So both of you were on the same 'yak?

Yes, we were. My boat, The Other Woman, is a Hobie Pro Angler. It has a weight capacity of 600 pounds and is very stable.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very impressed with the Hobie's stability just watching Kira fish from it at squantz, that things only downside is it's pricetag! lol Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: