CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: attempted Holbrook pond and footehill pond today.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chud059

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: attempted Holbrook pond and footehill pond today. Reply with quote

Took a ride over to holbrook pond, I googled it before I left and some old posts from here popped up...should've listened. totally covered with lilly pads and had a stink to it. Seemed kind of gross to. The road to the launch is still full of craters as Kire (aka Turtlekiss) had put it a couple of years ago.

Decided to stop at footehill pond and there was people water skiing on it! Must be one of the families that live on it away from the golf course. Anyway, had a follow but not much else.

I will be in the Winsted area tommorrow so I will stop by a few places there. Until then...good night!
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: attempted Holbrook pond and footehill pond today. Reply with quote

chud059 wrote:
I will be in the Winsted area tommorrow so I will stop by a few places there.

If you haven't left, yet, where are you going in the Winsted area?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Phil, I took my wife to the Lee Outlet shops in Lee Ma, she bought a new coach purse Rolling Eyes ...headed down rt 8, stopped at Colebrook Reservoir, didnt fish it though....really reallly really shallow...... had lunch at some pizza place in the stop and shop plaza then hit the farmington @ pleasant valley. Drove down to the handicap area and I caught the first brown trout I think I ever caught. I was going to head up to HIghland lake, sometimes the fishing is good from the launch area but there was a ton of traffic starting to form already. If I had more time I would've gone over to highland lake and casted for a few. After labor day when schools back in and people aren't on their boats all the time I will head back up to that area again and hit highland lake and try colebrook from the shore... I never realized how deep that place is!
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colebrook's not too shallow to launch a kayak, is it?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phill,

Was there 2 days ago.
No! You can still get down the ramp to launch the kayak.
Just becarefull at the bottom where the ramp meets the gravel.

SeaDog1
chud059

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a truck with a trailer way down on the bank or the mud I guess, and a couple of boats in the water. It was amazing how low yet how vast that place is. When I was a kid my Dad and I used to fish there when we had the bass boat and I only remember catching rock bass in the coves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: