CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Stillwater Pond 8/19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Stillwater Pond 8/19 Reply with quote

I was able to get out on the water with NWDarkcloud (Bob) today. He was generous enough to offer me a seat on his boat and we ended up having a great time. The temperature started off cold as we rolled into the parking lot at about 5:45am. The water was still warm and the fog was blowing slightly in the wind from North to South. We loaded up the boat and got it launched. We started off fishing the weeds along the shoreline by the launch but we didn't get any bites there so we moved on.

We headed North and on our way up the shoreline we came across a weedline with some moving baitfish so we decided to throw some lures to see if there were any larger fish around. On my third or fourth cast I had a fish on with the white spinnerbait. Unfortunately it jumped and spit the hook before I could get it to the boat. It was just barely a keeper though from what I could see. After a few more casts the spinnerbait wasn't working very well. Bob had tied on a crank and was catching a few fish...so I decided to switch it up to a crankbait. I caught my first fish off the edge of the weeds...

As we kept moving North we found several other weed beds and fished as many as we could. I caught this 15" - 1lb 11oz LMB on a wacky senko.

Then about 15min later a bit further up the weedline I boated this 17" - 2lb 9oz LMB again on a wacky senko.

I ended up catching probably another half-dozen or more LMB either on the wacky senko or white spinnerbait. Here's a couple other pics.

It ended up being a gorgeous day for fishing. The sun stayed obscured by clouds most of the day and the air temps were cool enough to be comfortable. We got off the water just after 1:00pm and were both happy with our catches. I'll let NWD fill you in on his catches because I could barely keep track of my own today. Most if not all fish were caught in 6 to 8ft of water off of the weedlines. Thanks again, Bob! We will definitely have to get out on the water again at some point this year.
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job guys! Conditions were perfect today.
hila2006

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very awesome guys. I really wished I'd spent more time in the boat this weekend, screwed my back back up throwing our crappy lawnmower in the back of the truck Saturday morning to take it to the dump. Freakin thing was killing me all weekend, had to try to take it easy to get it back in shape for work Monday. Looks like a blast guys.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see that you finally broke the two pound mark this year, Derek. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously, though, it sounds as if the bigger fish were caught earlier in the morning, when the water was still cool. I think that TurtleKiss (aka Kira) has the right idea about fishing only at night, right now; unless you're willing to flip the weeds, it's hard to find a decent largemouth bass during the day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing The two pound mark has been broken for a while but I have yet to catch one over three ponds this year. Shocked I do need to get out more often.
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well DirtyDawg10(Derek) hit the fine points of the trip weather was great breezes where light fog was whisping around as we headed out on the water. The bait fish where riseing up so we figured we start off seeing what was chaseing them around I threw a small crank and got this little guy 2-3 cast in.

we messed around there for a little bit Derik hooked a decent fish 1-2 lb class he followed it up with a little bigger 2-3lbed im pretty sure it was 4+ pounder to start but as Derek would agree at the time they lose so much weight swiming around while your waiting on the net . Laughing I tied and retied several different things trying to to figure a pattern for the bigger fish finaly settled on texas rigged dinger and a white spinner these worked well for the rest of the day for us ..... typical fish story for ya I did mange to shake hands with 1 that no dought in my mind would of been my PB for the year but the hook pooped free before I could get it up high enough to even get a look at (dam I need a net with a 100 ft handle) Rolling Eyes
heres a few picks of a couple more :

total for the day 15 fish boated good times !!
Great day out ...Thanks for the call Derek allways a seat open for ya when you get the time ,,,My hats off to the doughnut king for big fish of the day Cool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing That thing was definitely a 4 pounder in the water. After several trips around the boat and a couple figure 8's it lost a pound and a half and a couple inches Razz

My goal next time we're out is to get a pic of you smiling. We may have had a few more fish than that since I effed up saving a couple pics and one that was too bloody so we sent it back in the water ASAP without any pics.
JJay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! Looks like a perfect day - cool weather + Fish!
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a quality fish, cant complain, I got the McD skunk Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: