CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Colebrook Reservoir "LOW"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjbassfishn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Colebrook Reservoir "LOW" Reply with quote

Took a run to Colebrook to check conditions for the up coming weekend. Its the lowest I have seen in years and look whats stickin out of the water!

Boat launch is pretty low, I don't think I can launch my strat. They haven't opened the road that heads to the dam yet(I used to launch from a road that went into the water). So it looks like its a no go there. Oh well, We'll just spend another day on McD. Water level there is above normal.

Can't catch em sittin on the sofa! Wink
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yeah, That's the old steel bridge. Runs east and west across the old river channel.
3-4 years ago water was even lower and the whole bridge + road bed exposed. Water was 3 ft. below road bed that year.
You could walk safely across to the other side.
There's an old stone retaining wall that runs (north and south) down the west side of the bridge. That is the old river channel.
Deep water there and lots of smallies have been caught along that wall.
East side of bridge is much shallower and I've caught many pickerel there.

SeaDog1
jjbassfishn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they opened the lower area so boaters can launch off one of the roads leading to the water. FYI for those that might be heading there.

We might hit it next weekend.

Seadog, I haven't fished there except for the springtime in the last few years. We would troll around for trout until the water warmed up. Once the water warmed, We hit West hill, McD and Winchester for LMB's. I didn't know there were LMB's in there until my son caught one the last time we were there. My son has only just started to like fishing for smallies.

I remember in the late 80's actually crossing the bridge(on foot) and walking the other side. An old friends mom lived down there before they dammed the river. We tried finding where their old house was, But it was so different that she didn't recognize anything. We did find some foundations and some old fireplaces up on the hills above water. Its a cool place to explore.

Can't catch em sittin on the sofa! Wink
x182dan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is this spot for fishing. They have northern pike listed in there. Anyone catch any pike from here?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going down quick, you can walk across that bridge now. I have caught 2 pike there in the last 25 years while trout trollin.
ladyfisher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still going down.......I walked across the Bridge to the other side this morning
x182dan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for what its worth a friend of mine launch there and fished on sunday. didn't have much luck though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: