CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: New to the forum! Lake Pocotopaug
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krisis92

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: New to the forum! Lake Pocotopaug Reply with quote

Hey all! Name is Mike and im recently starting to get into fishing. I remember doing it when i was younger but had no clue what i was doing yet beginners luck always comes through. Anyway I went to lake pocotopaug earlier today with my friend / brother from another mother (lol) and between the 2 of us we caught 36 fish, most white and yellow perch and 2 small mouth bass. Was a great day and experience considering we didnt have a boat. Ill try to update my experiences and hopefully ill learn a couple of things in the future here!
DEdgeAFVet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done and welcome!! Tons of useful stuff here. I've just recently tried to get back into fishing too. A lot of helpful people around. If you have questions be sure to ask. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Mike, how did you get access to Pocotopaug? Isn't it private?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo

Yes, the lake is private to lake/town residents. I use to keep a boat on shore because a buddy had beach rights by way of a condo association.

Like most lakes in CT, it can be hot or cold. It doesn't have that "wow" factor alot of private lakes have because it is fished so much.
krisis92

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is private but the residents are very nice and allowed us to fish off the docks... but i been wondering, are there any active lakes or ponds you guys know of that arent private around the middletown / portland area?
chud059

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisis, check the Ct anglers guide or just do a google map of your area and go from there.
rastaMONark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisis92 wrote:
yes it is private but the residents are very nice and allowed us to fish off the docks... but i been wondering, are there any active lakes or ponds you guys know of that arent private around the middletown / portland area?
I know that butternut pond is good for kids fishing cuz there is a park right next to it and they stock with trout and cats and i pulled out 4 lb bass there once and alot of crappie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site Mike!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: