CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: squantz pond tips???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin G

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: squantz pond tips??? Reply with quote

heading down early saturday morning was thinking id try for some walleye. where do you think they are deep??
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will still be some shallow but not the bigs ones. So yeah deep, im thinking like 20-30ft deep. If you have deep diving crankbaits then you could troll that right up the middle of the lake if you have a boat or you could use a 3 way swivel with a bottom bouncer and then 3 feet of line to your lure. Im sure if you drifted a minnow right on bottom you would catch something (smallmouth, perch, walleye). In fact ive been wanting to go there and drop shot a minnow but i want a fish finder so ill know how deep i am. I know the left side of the lake has deep dropoffs and the right side has a few too but ive mostly fished the left. Id think live bait would be your best bet during the summer.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragging a soft plastic slowly along the bottom or adding weight to a large crankbait are other ways I'd recomend. I'd agree with NEF about live bait being you're best bet.
rvolkers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we fished sqnz yesterday THE WATER IS VERY WARM! - concentrated on the left side from shad out to deep drops - caught a beautiful smallie around 4 lbs (BUT the fish was not where it should have been it was caught very shallow) - got a couple more smallies and a couple of keeper largemoths! NOT A GREAT DAY -BUT- NOT A BAD ONE EITHER! -- winds and high pressure certainly did not help!

the boat launch ramp is just barely usable - the water level is down around 4 foot or more!
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I recently picked up a couple of Rapala Dives-To lures, a DT10 and a DT14, I think. I've been wondering about Squantz.

Last edited by PECo on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
rvolkers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple of cold nights and some rain and things should be picking up! - bought a couple of trolling rigs and some baits and want to go for some eyes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: