CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: 6-22-2012 Winchester lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjbassfishn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: 6-22-2012 Winchester lake Reply with quote

With the cold front coming in this afternoon. We thought it might be a good day to hit Winchester. Sometimes the approaching cold front puts the feed bag on the bruisers. Well not today. One word "tough"! Water surface temp was 78ºF and was stained. Barely could see bottom in 5ft of water. Hot and humid as we roasted in the sun.

Started in the back hitting the stumps with jigs and spinnerbaits with no takers. Tried some of the lily pads with small worms. Got a couple of bites, but no hook ups. Next tried medium cranks in the middle of the lake with only a couple small fish. Managed to stir up a few bits tight to the banks, But nothing over 2 lbs. At least we didn't get a skunk in the boat!

Now for the fun part. Tried leaving as the thunderstorm was rolling in and had to deal with people thinking it was fine to park at the boat ramp and others thinking its a beach. We asked them to move, And you'd think I was asking them for something special. I just pointed to the no parking sign's! One called me a red neck and said a real man could jockey a trailer! I did chuckle at that one, And said come on and try it(no takers!). I can deal with a slow day on the water. But having to deal with people that just don't get it tick's me off! Seems every time we hit Winchester something like this happens! Next time I'll call the locals and have them deal with these idiots. Bet paying a parking ticket will change their attitudes some? Probably not! Just made it home as the rain started.

Can't catch em sittin on the sofa! Wink
Lax101

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea thats very true, a ticket should show them how to think a little. last time i went there the parking was packed with 4 cars and it was almost impossible for the guy after us to put his trailer in the water because he had a big bass boat, only 1 person moved.
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that group have been blocking the ramp for a couple years now act like they own the place ive had issuse with them before myself. And bewarned they dont watch there kids they let them stand right behind the boat in your blind spot and wount make them move out of the way...allmost like they want you to hit them for the free ins. money

Last edited by NWDarkcloud on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It truly annoys me that some people use no common sense or display common courtesy towards their fellow boaters/fishermen Exclamation

Takes all kinds of mooncalfs to make a world ! Shocked

SeaDog1 "Never Give In ... Never Back Down"
hoppy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill say it again........winchester has got to be one of if not the bassiest looking lakes in the state but is also probably one of the stingiest. Still a great place for some nice scenerey and lack of pleasure boaters. Hey you beat the skunk so thats always good. Im still waiting to catch a solid fish out of the stump field!!
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that problem at West Hill on Wed. Idiot dog owner throwing a ball into the water when trailers are trying to back in. The guy in front of me almost hit one of the poles backing in when he tried to avoid the dog. I just drive right down and keep going watching the people and if they don't move I keep going down until I hit the water. Never had anybody say anything to me as I get out of the truck though to launch the boat.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BT,

Had the same dog problem a couple of times there also.
Owner was oblivious to the fact that he and his/her dog where obstructing traffic.

The one thing that really frosts me is someone so impatient to launch or recover their boat that they will bull their way ahead of you without even asking.
They just don't care or want to get in line and wait their turn!
No courtesy -> No consideration for others. Shocked

SeaDog1 "Never Give In ... Never Back Down"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: