CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Crystal Lake Ellington/Stafford
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mase2020

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Crystal Lake Ellington/Stafford Reply with quote

Went to Crystal Lake in Ellington today for the firs time so I did not know what to expect. I knew that it was a big trout, Salmon and water ski lake and that it was clear and clean.

Got there at around 9:15 AM and it was sunny and clear and not many boats. Lots of shoreline houses with docks and boats and for me I like to give people there privacy so I usually don't get too close.

Headed up to the north part of the lake trolling an F-7 gold Rapala and nothing. Saw a few fish on the top of the water feeding along the way. Headed to an area an area on the north west side of the lake that contained weeds/ shade where I saw some fishing feeding on the surface and got a small bite on the same lure.

Continued into the north cove where there were reed and pad and started throwing a 5 inch two tone green Senko Texas rigged with a small weight and caught a small Largemouth.

There was slight wind that seem to push me off the spots I was fishing, hence my questions in the general forum.

I continued around the lake throwing the aforementioned combos and nothing. Went into a cove in the northeast corner that was full of pads looking for a secluded deep hole, but it was maybe two inches deep throughout. Continued my way around clockwise and trolled a bit with the F-7 and a Shallow Shad rap sunfish and nothing. Found another cove in the southeast corner, but it was the same as the first.

I got off the water at about 11:45 AM and what I found was there were not a lot or areas that you could see above water that may contain Bass on the lake although I did see a few fish come to the surface in deeper water. [/img]
Mase2020

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Pic of the bass Reply with quote

hoppy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crystal lake can be tough. Ive actually never really have gone into those coves but the shoreline straight across from the ramp has put out some fish for me.
crystal is pretty much a big bowl. isolated clumps of grass out in deeper water is were id be. docks, etc if thats your style.
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally understand your concern for peoples privacy, but if mama's not sun bathing on the dock...I'm skippin' something under it in this heat. I feel you need to have some skill and be respectful and not just go chucking a jig into their swimming pool, or the T-top on their Mako...but I dont feel like I'm intruding on a public lake by fishing structure and shade. Kind of comes with buying on a public lake. I dont know Crystal, but a contour map or some electronics might help you figure out where to fish now thats it's warming up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing! ! ! ! you kiddin? all depends on the momma on the dock...

I tried Crystal a few times, nothin warranted the gas or time to trek back.

few nice drop offs with a jig,

but ya pass alot of good ponds to get there.
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Mase2020, sorry to go off topic, but that looks like a well fitted console on your kayak. How's it secured underneath the coaming? Do you have better photos of it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo I can take a few more pics if you want. It is actually a large cutting board that I outlined, then cut with a jig saw and sanded to fit and slide into the front of my cockpit. I could sand it more as if falls out if I don't wrap the deck bungee around the rod holder.

It works great at a table and for the rod holder. If you have any questions let me know. I am sure I will have a lot for you. Laughing
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it just slots into the coaming from underneath? That's really slick.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Continued into the north cove where there were reed and pad and started throwing a 5 inch two tone green Senko Texas rigged with a small weight and caught a small Largemouth."

Hey Mase. I've been looking for that color combo since last year and cant find it. Are you sure it's a senko? Check the pack some time and let me know the number if you wouldnt mind.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the picture, and I may be wrong, but it looks like a Watermelon/Lemon Flake Yamamoto Senko.

Last edited by SAP284 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mase2020

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay from the bag, the best that I can make out it says Watermelon\lemon laminate # 9-10-906 hope that helps.
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. I think I found it as you did. Thanks guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: