CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Squantz Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Squantz Pond Reply with quote

Just got back from squantz. Fished from 6-930. Started off trolling a Perch color SSR-7 that peco inspired me to get. After about 30 mins i got a hit and pulled in a rock bass. Kept on fishing the rest of the day and got nothing else but some panfish. I talked to two other guys and they said they didnt get a bite. Everyone seemed to move to the northwest shores. 2 trips ago everyone was at the southwest shores. Im starting to look for a new spot to kayak on friday nights because the walleye are back down deep because the water is about 78 degrees. Lots of carp jumping around for you carp fishermen. Good luck to anyone that goes there. Tell me if you snag my anchor i lost today because of a loose pin that the maker didnt tighten enough to hold a kayak Crying or Very sad .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're deeper, huh? Thanks for the report.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bigger 18-24 inch ones should be deeper. The smaller 12-17 inch ones are shallower.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Squantz last weekend and we got 3 smallies in the boat. Went to the causeway on the way back and hooked a nice 15 inch brown with a kastmaster. Had another nice one on the treble but it it spit it. There are definitely trout by the causeway.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still see trout surfacing to the left of the beach but only far enough for a kayak. So only the boaters or kayakers can get em.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: sq pnd saturday also! Reply with quote

was on SQ PND saturday got on the water at 4pm - what would have seemed to be a good day was one of my worst up there! - and i am not sure what the heck was going on? - the water temps seemed ok but from 4-8 I DID NOT CATCH A FISH (lost a couple from not paying attention and being in the groove) - MY PARTNER GOT 2 -- being no stranger to the place I WAS just very puzzled! anyway i gave up the regular stuff at darkness and decided to try and troll for a while! - having NEVER done this i was not to excited! - we did 2 runs and i picked up my first walleye EVER on a husky jerk (silver and chart)! so the day was not a total wash-out! NOW i will be reading up on trolling - getting a couple of trolling combos and some walleye lures! and start going up there at darkness and troll! -- by contrast we also fished lilli friday evening and di VERY WELL!
rvolkers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and BTW ALL THE FISH we saw on the finder at sqpnd sat night (AND WE SAW HUNDREDS) were suspended at between 12 and 16 feet!
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! How deep did you troll? I was there friday night and trolled the whole time in about 10 FOW and got nothing Sad. Im starting to think the waters getting too warm for the walleye but maybe i just had a bad day. Oh and how big was the walleye? And those hundreds of fish were most likely big schools of carp, white perch, or alewifes/minnows. At night i seem to have at least 10 jump over my kayak.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fish we saw could have been all kinds! - we were in 35 to 30 feet of water - started from the north and fished the west bank - most of the fish were susprnded in 14 feet and 20 feet of water!
rvolkers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the eye was about 20 inches!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: