CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: decent fish this weekend
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishinschmoe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: decent fish this weekend Reply with quote

Hey Y'all.
Just gettin back into the swing after a long a$$ed hiatus.

Ventured down to Cedar on Saturday. perfect weather, cloudy, sprinkles here and there, and due to weather forcast, light boat traffic. ended up wiht a few buck bass on lipless cranks, and a nice 4 pounder on a jig, flippin the outside edge of the weed walls... anyone who fishes cedar, knows the weed walls at the 10' mark.

Blew off work, headed to Twin on Monday. Never seen the place so vacant! was awesome. Wind was WHIPPIN so bad, even the resident bald eagle couldnt fight the wind! east side was totally white capped.

Went over to the West side, and just past the entrance creek, I threw a jig in 4 feet, nice 5.9 LMB. Best fish Ive caught since my back surgery! it was awesome to feel that tug, and lip a pig like that. I put her back gently.

Had my lady friend with me, she was throwing spinner baits in the shallows, spanking the rock bass, and occasiona pickerel. she thinks the rockies are "Cute"...
all in all... 2 great days, and even kept a few smaller buck bass for the pan...
Hey... IAN... you still out there and readin these? if so let me know... I still owe you a trip from a year or two ago...
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you sure had a good time
hila2006

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good report, post some pics if you can. Nothing like a "sick day" to make you feel better Laughing
fishinschmoe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not smart enough to upload pics...
sorry...
JohnJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishinschmoe wrote:
not smart enough to upload pics...
sorry...

You're the resident computer geek, I'm sure you can figure it out
rmflint

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5.9 lb like its just another fish huh? Damn that'd top my pb by at least 5 Oz. mi VCRs fishing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timing and Luck Young man. big ones are out there. that 5.9 is indeed a nice bass... no knockin that...but they come bigger than that right here in CT.. To qoute a long lost old friend Henri from Quebec PQ: (spoken with thick french accent)... To catch zee big one, first you have to find zee big one... and zee big one . . he must be hungry.
hoppy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"timing and luck"................in reality thats what it really is. A big bass will mostl likely eat a variety of baits if you happen to put it in its zone when it wants to eat.
twin produces some nice bass for sure every year. nice report and welcome back.
rmflint

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I know there's bigger ive seen my older friend catch a 6 pounder. But like you said I got to find one. If only I could get out on a boat. The shore sucks! As I meant to say before but my auto complete made out say something about VCR's, nice fishing!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha so thats what that vcr line was about. And i feel you on the shore thing. Next year im picking up a cheapo kayak.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: