CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Zoar crappie and smallmouth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigEd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Zoar crappie and smallmouth Reply with quote

Since my daughter caught a crappie by surprise the other day while fishing off our dock I decided ta take the kids back down today to drop some jigs and go swimming for a while. We were there for a couple of hours and finally hunted down a school of crappie and also a bunch of white perch. Fished for a couple more hours after that since the bite was on and ended up catching 21 crappie and who knows how many white and yellow perch plus at least 15 huge gills and pumpkinseeds. The biggest slab was being pulled up onto the dock and got away, I am guessing it was a good 14 incher. One of my girls also got a decent smallmouth using a 1" minnow jig. I never even took the boat out but it was a wonderful afternoon and the kids were thrilled.

[/img]

Last edited by BigEd on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job getting the girls out for a fun time fishing! Cute pics!
hila2006

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome getting the kids out there, it's a lot easier when they're catching that many fish. Very cool.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job! I love to see kids fishing!
BigEd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been back twice this week. One of my girls is HOOKED and would go fishing every day if we could! We are still pulling some decent crappie from under the docks. Last night brought a few nice slabs but most were quite small. All caught on a 1/32 round jighead with Berkley 1" Gulp Alive chartreuse minnows on them. I'd go up in size but the girls like catching the large sunfish and perch as well so the 1 inchers are effective and still lure the crappie as well. Seems we have been infested with white perch lately though, they have taken over! Fun to catch but small and pesky. It's pretty funny, I have never fished that lake for smaller species and was never really aware of the crappie and perch population there, always went for bass instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: