CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Ball Pond Sunday 6/3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jomonkey527

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Ball Pond Sunday 6/3 Reply with quote

Well after a late start waiting around for my friend we made it up there around 4. It's probably for the best that we did as there were thunder and lightning storms around.

The wind was pretty tough. So I paddled all the way toward the dam.I saw a huge carp just swimming and hanging out. I let the wind blow me into the lily pads, which kept me more or less in one spot. I started fan casting a 4 inch green Yum dinger and dragging it over the pads and dropping it in holes. I managed one decent bass that way. Then the wind really picked up again. I threw a spinnerbait toward a rocky point that lead out toward the water from over near the dam, and got another one. I decided that I had enough of the wind, and tried working the opposite side of the dam.

The bass were hanging out in various laydowns, so I just kept throwing the yum dinger. I caught a nice one holed up by a dock, and a second about the same or a little bigger though it got hung up in my net so I just released it.

Finished the day with 8 bass, and my friend got 4, in about 2-2.5 hours.
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 bass in 2 hours is a good day. Nice fishing.
jomonkey527

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I really was not feeling very confident with the wind. I'm glad my friend and I stuck it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: