CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam Lake - 6/3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAP284

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Bantam Lake - 6/3 Reply with quote

Took my first trip to Bantam Lake this year this morning. Originally wanted to go to the river but the lady wanted to relax at a lake today. Plus from all the rain there is probably a ton of debris in the river. I knew they had a tournament this morning, but I decided to go anyway being that it was a day of relaxing not just fishing. Got to the launch at 6:40am and there were a handful of boats already launched. Guy at the front was doing safety inspections (I passed and got my sticker Smile ) The guy also told me that the launch would probably be closed up in less than an hour because they were almost full - which they were. Right before I left he asked me to sign a pledge that I would keep the Lake clean and pick up any garbage...without question I signed away. The new launch is definitely sweet, a handful of docks and port o pottys...seemed a bit steep though.

The temp was about 65 degrees and eventually rose to the 70's although it felt like upper 70's with the wind. Surface temp on my Humminbird also said 71. The first hour I spent 30 minutes or so in the North Bay. My girl landed a rock bass on that section...it was actually pretty heavy 11oz. We headed back to the south bay where we actually anchored up not to far from the docks. Throughout the 6 hours we were there I took casts in between here and there. In total landed 5 Yellow Perch, 1 Largemouth Keeper, 1 Sunny and 1 nice sized Pickerel. My girl actually got the lunker of the day even though she only probably fished for a total of 45 minutes all day - a 21 inch Pickerel...it was nice and fat (second time she has seemed to out fish me when I take her out). Everything was caught on a Chartruse 1.5cm KVD Strike King and a Chili Craw 1.5cm KVD Strike King.

I am very impressed with the new launch and marina they now have there. My recommendation though is for someone who is doing a trailered launch is to get there early! I am always an early when it comes to fishing anyway, just in case they close up and put cones in front of the launch like they did today until someone leaves. Also - I saw 2 Encon Police there and an Encon Police Boat was launched there. He was cruising around and most likely inspecting to ensure people were being safe.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: bantam Reply with quote

Great report...what happened to your pics??

Im curious, since Bantam is a Pike haven why ya didn't throw large spinnerbaits/roostertails/large swimbaits/large crankbaits??

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report. Ya I always get there very early because the launch fills up quickly. I wonder if Point Folly still has it's launch open because that could still be an option for the late comers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: bantam Reply with quote

Megaman wrote:
Great report...what happened to your pics??

Im curious, since Bantam is a Pike haven why ya didn't throw large spinnerbaits/roostertails/large swimbaits/large crankbaits??

Usually I do post them, but I am starting to not post stuff that's not worthy anymore lol...jk...

I was going to throw some bigger cranks or spinners but I wasn't really targeting Pike..it was more of an enjoying the water/relax day. Plus those 1.5 cranks have landed me some nice Pike as well. With the temp heating up, the bigger Pike are starting to get lethargic in my opinion. I've caught smaller ones lately, but with the water temps in the upper 70's the bite is dying down a little.

I forgot about Point Folly, that's true I bet it's a good opportunity for those late boaters. I don't know how people come so late, I hate fishing a start past 7. A lot of the boaters yesterday were pontoons, jet skiers, and jet boats..(don't care for them too much, they are ruining my fishing!) lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job I was out there friday and got a few bass. No pickeral or pike though. I found the bass to be up under the weeds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: