CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Very bad night to kayak
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Very bad night to kayak Reply with quote

My dad and i took our kayaks out on squantz to get some walleye. After reading Pete's post about getting 60+ walleye on the northend we decided to head up there. After only seeing smallmouth chasing our lures we decided to head back to the launch area but go to the southwest corner where ive gotten trout before. On the way to the north end it probably took about 20 minutes but on the way back it probably took an hour and 20 minutes. I would say the wind was steady at 15mph and gusts at 20. On the way to the southwest corner i caught a trout trolling a silver rapala (i think its either d7 or f7) and by the time we got to our spot the win died completely. I kept trolling different rapalas and crawler harnesses but got nothing. Once it got dark we started setting up our glow in the dark bobbers and dropshot rigs. We fished through the night in our soaking wet clothes and got nothing else (except little guys) so we decided to call it quits. Right when our kayaks hit the shore it started pouring rain. There was only one other boat there tonight and i think i know who they are. They seem to go to the same spot everytime so im wondering if they know something i dont. I think that will be my last time heading to the other end of squantz!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: