CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson Park Pond 05/28 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not up to him to make that choice for me, Chuck or anyone else. That's my problem with what he did, Kira. It's like when you see two people making out in a public place and yell, "Get a room!". I guess that I should have yelled, "Get your own yard!" Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any naked people in that photo...

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, to still be young enough to not see the noodler Laughing
rmflint

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what might be a person but the resolution just isn't good enough

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't choose the things that you want to see in life. There's always the potential to encounter varying degrees of disturbing imagery anywhere you go, whether it be a motorcycle accident, a fish kill, a shoreline littered with garbage, childbirth, inconsiderate water-skiing douchebags, mayonnaise on your sandwich, or a rock bass at the end of your line. Unexpected, but it happens. A peaceful nudist is about as "traumatic" as the rock bass scenario on my list. Naturism isn't about intentionally trying to shock or disturb people. I don't have children, but I doubt it would radically change my opinion, provided this dude is just sunbathing/swimming and not doing windmills with his schlong. I also doubt that your kids would require therapy as the direct result of seeing someone without clothing. Have a straightforward discussion with your kids if you feel it's necessary, but this really shouldn't be a big issue unless you make it into one. Are you really "offended" enough to ruin this dude's day by having him arrested?

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
rmflint

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira are you a nudist or something? What makes you so passionate over the issue...I only ask cause I keep getting notifications for this on my phone.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it's a hot chick with huge "tracts of land" it's OK. If it's a dude he needs to be arrested Laughing

Seriously though...I don't have a problem with nudity. There is a problem with public nudity on a public lake. The dude probably could have found a better place to fry his drumstick. No, a child may not be traumatized by seeing a naked person but it shouldn't be up to that dude to decide what me or my kids should see. If I met that dude in the street and I showed him my sig sauer he'd probably call the cops. It's against the law so yes, call the cops on both counts. I wouldn't be ruining his day by having him arrested. He would be ruining his own day by breaking the law and dealing with the consequences.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmflint wrote:
Kira are you a nudist or something? What makes you so passionate over the issue...I only ask cause I keep getting notifications for this on my phone.

I'm not a nudist, but I'd like to live in a world where I could fish topless without people gawking, pretending to be outraged, or having me arrested...not because I'm an exhibitionist, but because it's a right I feel I should have. Nudity is only sexual or offensive if you let society convince you that those are the only 2 ways to view it. Think for yourself and maybe you'll be able to see it as just the absence of clothing.

Granted, I'm an artist who's painted with my breasts professionally for 12 years. My work is presented without photos/videos, intentionally contradicting what society wants & expects. Due to my unique situation, I'm extremely desensitized on the topic of nudity.

DirtyDawg10 wrote:
If I met that dude in the street and I showed him my sig sauer he'd probably call the cops.

Derek, exposing yourself on the street isn't the same as sunbathing semi-discreetly. Naked Guy isn't intentionally trying to start conflict. He's just trying to peacefully live his life in a way that most people refuse to try to accept or comprehend.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Phil!

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
PECo

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira, if Naked Guy were to get the law concerning indecent exposure changed, then Chuck and I would have the obligation to change course in our boats to avoid having to see his withered junk. But under the law as it currently stands, it's Naked Guy's obligation to not display his withered junk in public, while Chuck and I enjoy fishing that stretch of the shoreline without having to see it. Of course, as Derek pointed out, Naked Guy is free to violate the law as long as he's also willing to pay the consequences. There's a long tradition of civil disobedience in this country. But I still think that you're on the wrong end of this debate. Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah...I know this is a 100% unwinnable argument. If the movie Borat taught me anything, it's that men recoil in horror at the unexpected sight of another naked man and/or his withered junk.

It's just so refreshing to not be the only one with questionable morals. Maybe NG wants to hit up a golf course with me sometime. Razz

rmflint

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nakedness its pretty cool...as far as the freedom aspect goes...but some guns are best kept in the holster if you know I mean.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurtleKiss wrote:
DirtyDawg10 wrote:
If I met that dude in the street and I showed him my sig sauer he'd probably call the cops.

Derek, exposing yourself on the street isn't the same as sunbathing semi-discreetly. Naked Guy isn't intentionally trying to start conflict. He's just trying to peacefully live his life in a way that most people refuse to try to accept or comprehend.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Phil!

I wasn't talking about exposing myself I was talking about showing him my sig sauer

Some people have a problem with guns in this country. I personally don't but that doesn't mean I walk around with my sig sauer hanging out. I don't because it's illegal and someone might call the cops on me. Naked dude should have the same respect for the law.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could care less what he does and I'm sure my son would have made a few wiener jokes and not have needed counseling but when this guys pictures start poping up on here, facebook, instagram,etc... I am sure word will get back to him and he may think twice about sun bathing at Batterson....lol

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmflint wrote:
I don't see any naked people in that photo...

Remember, RULE NUMBER ONE for posting on CTFishTalk is:
Quote:
1)NO NUDITY...and by this we mean no pushing it. Some enjoy it, some don't.

I know that I pushed it. . . but just a teeny tiny little bit. Wink But now we know who enjoys it and who doesn't. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this has to go down as the funniest thread I've ever read....thank you, i just pissed myself Laughing -Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: