CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Made it out in the Heat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Made it out in the Heat Reply with quote

Ventured out in the heat Tuesday and started at Twin Brooks Park around 12:30pm.

Started at my usual spots and played around with a few lures. Lures included 6cm yellow perch Husky Jerk, 6cm yellow perch X-Rap Shad Shallow, 7cm firetiger Original Floater, and 7cm albino shiner Clackin Minnow.

The only lure that saw some interest was the Husky Jerk but didn't catch anything.

As I moved along I caught 1 largemouth and 2 bluegills with the Husky Jerk. A retrieve I stuck with was giving it to 5 soft jerks before pausing for 2 or 3 seconds.

Moved on to the island and cove at the main pond and hit another 2 largemouths and 1 bluegill. Missed out on a few bass and 1 pickerel.

Then had to take a break and grab a bottled water and Gatorade.

After my break I hit the small pond that produces those pumpkinseeds..

Caught 1 largemouth with the Husky Jerk. Then started playing with the white maribu. 1 retrieve that worked was a slow-medium retrieve with light jerking with the rod tip up. That caught me 2 largemouths and 1 keeper yellow.

Then started bouncing and jigging around the bluegills and pumpkinseeds. Caught 2 bluegills and hit another one of those monster 9" pumpkinseeds.

Last stop was Bunnells Pond. Jigged in the weeds from the bridge but no crappie. Went to my usual crappie spot and hit 1 bluegill.
jomonkey527

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Seed. I love their coloring.
SAP284

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like its got nice size to it too. I know you are a big Rapala guy...do they make something in the redish crawfish color with a square bill that dives 3-5 feet? Something medium size would work or even larger size I just can't seem to find anything by in that color.. Everything that I have been using in that color has been Strike King.

This is the color I was looking to get close to..

http://www.fishingdiscountdirect.com/product/HCKVDS2.5-648

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few Rapalas I can see are DT-4, DTF-3, DTF-5, XRSH-6, CNC-53, CRR-3, CRR-5, and CNC-74.

All come in a red crayfish pattern.
SAP284

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I think I am going to give those clackin cranks a try...they look pretty sweet I haven't seen them before.. The others don't look like they are square bill. I don't really like the obnoxious ill on some of the DT's.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crankin Raps and Dives To Flats in sizes 3 and 5 have square bills.

X-Rap Shad Shallow in size 6 would just be a lure to get into the 3 to 5 foot zone. Same with Dives To 4.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Clackin Crank 53 caught me a 5 1/2 pound bass back in March. The bass took it in deep. That hard cadence rattle really grabs their attention!
SAP284

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Thanks. I'll have to make another lure trip this week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: