CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson Park Pond 05/28 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Batterson Park Pond 05/28 Reply with quote

I decided to troll a couple of Rapalas around Batterson Park Pond from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, today. I thought that the weather forecast called for threatening rain all day, so I expected overcast skies. Instead, I got blazing sun and stifling hot temperatures. Rolling Eyes Even the water was really warm; it went from 71 degrees in the morning to 78 degrees in the afternoon! Shocked When I launched in The Other Woman, there were already several boats on the water. There was little to no wind and the water was clear down to four feet. I trolled a Perch SSR-7 and a Perch SR-7 up the east shore, but when I got to the first waterfront house, there were already a couple of boats fishing the shore ahead of me. So I decided to head across to the submerged island, where I found that someone had gotten there ahead of me, too:

Happy Memorial Day, everyone! Very Happy I decided that my odds of catching a walleye in the full sun were pretty poor, so I switched over to fishing for largemouth bass. I already had a white spinnerbait tied onto one of my setups, so I threw it over and around the weeds near the island. I got nothing, so I headed to the middle of the west shore. I skipped a wacky rigged black five inch Senko into any shaded water that I saw on the shore. I got more nothing. I tried throwing the white spinnerbait over the weedbed off of the west shore. I didn't get even a nibble. Confused At about 9:00 am, JJay (aka Jason) paddled up in his girl's L.L.Bean Manatee kayak. As we headed down the west shore toward the ramp, I tied on a Bullfrog Zoom Horny Toad to throw over the rocky shelf along the shore. Jason boated a rock bass with an unweighted Texas rigged worm, I think, before I got even a nibble. It wasn't until we got close to the ramp that I got my first bite of the day with the frog. I set the hook on what I saw was about a three pound largemouth bass and began to pull it away from the shore when it spit the frog! Shocked Sonofab*!@# Twisted Evil My frogging skills are rusty and I failed to set the hook hard enough. Embarassed I pedaled into the southwest corner of the pond, but didn't see anything there but sunnies. When I pedaled back out of the corner, I saw Jason boating a second rock bass. By this time, it was 11:00 am, and the blazing sun and stifling heat were getting pretty intense. Jason decided to head off of the water and I decided to switch back to trolling the Rapalas. When I got halfway up the west shore, I almost couldn't believe what I saw:

Argh, my eyes! Shocked Now, I'm no prude (feel free to work on your strapless tan while fishing with me, Kira! Laughing ), but there were kids in some of the boats on the pond. That just wasn't right. Rolling Eyes However, a little revulsion must be a good thing, because at 11:30 am, I finally boated a fish, which was a decent 10 inch white perch:

Whoo hoo! Very Happy And less than 10 minutes later, I caught a 14 inch walleye:

Whoo hoo! Very Happy I headed past the beach and up to the riprap wall on the north end of the pond, where I got a small sunny:

Now, whenever I catch a few different species of fish, I always want to get more. It took a while, but I finally caught a cannibalistic yellow perch:

Whoo hoo! Very Happy By this time, it was 12:45 pm, so I began heading back to the ramp. But I had to stop a couple of more times along the way:

I'm really not liking the increasing traffic on and around the water, and I definitely prefer fishing in the rain to fishing in blazing sun and stifling heat. But what started out as a pretty slow day of fishing turned into a fairly decent day of fishing. Very Happy

Last edited by PECo on Tue May 29, 2012 6:38 am; edited 2 times in total
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad day. What is it with you and nude sunbathers? lol...you must attract them Shocked
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the pond monument. Semper Fi...thanks brothers!!! Oh my gawd. The basking shiny-white assed hippy fish. I've only seen one in captivity. I keep a 3/4 oz chartreuse double willow spinner with 4/0 trailer in hopes of landing one, but the best I've ever done is some drunk biker chick peeing in the bushes...and she bolted like a deer when my bait rifled into her grab spot. Nice day out P!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It got even worse. When I passed the same spot an hour later, I caught the full frontal when he waded into the pond to cool off. Shocked And then he called out to me to ask how the fishing was. Confused I called the DEEP TIP Line to see whether they could do anything about the guy, but EnCon called me back to say that if he wasn't in the area of the boat launch ramp, he was out of their jurisdiction. They suggested that I call the Hartford Police Department, but the sun and heat had already driven all of the boats with kids on them off of the water, so I didn't bother.

I think that I'll limit my trips to Batterson to weekdays or evenings from now on.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

Watch out for these ! LOL Laughing

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
steven1smith

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That guy is disgusting, somebody needs to go say something to him. Let the cops know what color kayak he has, and give them these pictures. They can have a talk with him at the launch one of these days about indecent exposure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxCdnQ8WEfQ
JJay

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you did pretty well! The hot weather & adjusting to the new kayak seat was killing me - I figured I caught the 2 fish so it was time for me to go .... Just in time, to avoid captain commando !
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naked guy isn't doing anything that should cause anyone lasting distress. Do you really want to have him arrested and charged with "intent to arouse?" Very Happy There's no fish in that area anyway.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two walleye in 78 degree water sounds like an amazing day to me!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil, this isnt your first nude post if I recall correctly... why is it you attract skinny dippers?
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That guy gives noodling a new meaning.... Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not against naked, Kira, but Batterson on Memorial Day when there were children in boats on the water was totally inappropriate.
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peco,He was there the day I saw you on the water. I just happened to see him before my son did and turned the boat and headed for the island.

Last edited by chuckc on Tue May 29, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good report as usual Phil
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
I'm not against naked, Kira, but Batterson on Memorial Day when there were children in boats on the water was totally inappropriate.

I sympathize with the naturists...I'm doubtful that any child would be scarred for life from seeing a naked person sunbathing. The whole purpose of the lifestyle is to promote body acceptance. Just one more thing on the "what's wrong with society" list. Viva la Naked Guy!

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: