CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Cookie Run
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Cookie Run Reply with quote

I decided to make a "Cookie Run" to Lake Basile on the way home tonight. There's never a shortage of cookie cutter bass there. I fished from shore for just under an hour. I decided since I still had my super white strike king burner spinnerbait tied on that I would try it out. Once I found the bass I caught four quick ones ranging from 12" to 13" and they pretty much all looked like this...

The last one I caught was a bit closer to shore and tucked up in a corner by the weeds. This one wasn't a typical cookie cutter. It was a nice 17", 2lb 10oz LMB

A fun and HOT afternoon.
SAP284

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! It was a humid day...I need to find a good spinnerbait. I'm so stuck on crankbaits I'm afraid to use spinners just from bad luck in the past.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had great luck with the white strike king this week. Before that I was mainly a crankbait guy as well. The biggest thing is having some confidence in it, which I finally got on Saturday. I can see more strike kings in my future Wink
Fishin'Fireman

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went there this past weekend with my buddy and his porta bote and had great luck as well. 5 LM's and a bluegill. Largest LM about the size of yours. I'll put a report up for it soon.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a fun little pond. Mostly a lot of short fish though.

Stopped by Keeney Cove at lunch for a 1/2hr today. Figured it wasn't worth a new report but I ended up getting this 16" LMB on a white spinnerbait.

Had several sunnies hitting the spinnerbait but luckily none of them bit the hook.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAP284 wrote:
Nice! It was a humid day...I need to find a good spinnerbait. I'm so stuck on crankbaits I'm afraid to use spinners just from bad luck in the past.

I've been the same way for years. Stuck on Rapala crankbaits and a variety of topwaters. Not even much of a soft plastics person.
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawg....I've been hitting the same size my last couple times casting but it's my fault for not putting the boat in the water. At least there's fish ON!! Post away. I have had much better luck this year with spinners since I tricked them up a little, though I'm actually sure it's all psychological and I'm just using them more. I've added a swimmer and a red trailer hook to a few and I'm catching fish. I also beefed up the skirts so they look promiscuous... pond trollops. Callin' them my 3 dollar hookers. Not great for the MILF's (momma's I like to fish) but the younger boys tear them up. I think this ones a Booyah. Between the double colorado blades, the swimmer tail, and the finer, high vibration wire, it makes a serious commotion in the water. Even if the fish tell it to pound sand...it looks like the cats ass coming up to the boat. Thanks for the nice report.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking spinnerbait! She is hawt!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: