CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Snakehead Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikepersuader forgot to take midol this morning which leads to the crankiness

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Fishing Addict - Thanks for the report. You should be aware that bowfin actually change color and pattern when they're spawning. I've heard stories of bright turquois colors on some. You should take a photo and call the DEEP if you spot the fish, again. I'm sure that they'd want to check it out.
yup, they do, we caught a really blue-green one a month ago
Fishing Addict

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I read about snakeheads, i will be glad if I am wrong. I am not trying to prove a point here that I saw Snakeheads, in fact I said in my earlier post that this was the first time I hear about them and never saw one before. I simply just suspected they could be snakeheads. IF I saw them again or IF i was able to catch one of them I will sure post a pic or call DEP.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Snake Heads in Farmington River??? Reply with quote

Fishing Addict wrote:
PECo wrote:
Yeah, what Flipper said!

This is the first time I read about snake heads, but unless there are some other fresh water fish looks similar to them in shape and color; then I saw them today on the Farmington river "Spawning' I believe
I was there today by Tarrifville by the broken dam, and these fish were right there. I tried to snag on of them to see what it was, but i was not able to get it because they were right by the stream or waterfall. Color looks exactly like this pic not like a bow fin at all.

Again, I am not saying they were snake heads but they look very close to that pic, I thought they are some kind of colorful eel species when I first saw them

THat could have been bowfin like PECO said, or depending on the size it could have been fall fish as they're abundant in the farmington in the simsbury/tarrifville area (i cant speak of other areas). From afar, and not noticing the fins, i could see a mix up with the colors. That said the fall fish don't get too big, the largest i've caught is 19 inches which is quite large for them .

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurtleKiss (aka Kira) previously informed me that Fallfish has been added to the list of fish species eligible for an award under the Trophy Fish Award Program in 2012 and the qualifying minimum length under the Catch-And-Release Category is only 14 inches. I'm just sayin'. . . . Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
TurtleKiss (aka Kira) previously informed me that Fallfish has been added to the list of fish species eligible for an award under the Trophy Fish Award Program in 2012 and the qualifying minimum length under the Catch-And-Release Category is only 14 inches. I'm just sayin'. . . . Wink

Haha noted! Here's a picture of it acutally (thanks to PECO for showing me how to embed photos)

Last edited by Fishin'Fireman on Wed May 30, 2012 8:28 am; edited 2 times in total
PECo

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit the "g2Img" button when you draft your post and select the photo from your album.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: