CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson Park Pond 05/23
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Batterson Park Pond 05/23 Reply with quote

After spending the past three days in Manhattan, I just had to go fishing during the break in the weather that we had today. I launched in The Other Woman at 9:00 am and fished until 1:00 pm. When I launched, the sky was totally overcast and the air temperature was in the mid 60s. There was no wind at all; the water was like glass. Although I putzed around with a wacky rigged Senko a couple of times, I mostly trolled around the pond. I tried several different Rapalas, but the one that got most of the bites was a Perch Shad Rap SR-7. In fact, I caught my first fish at 9:45 am, right after I tied it on and threw it out behind my boat:

Wally! Whoo hoo! Very Happy And only 15 minutes later, the Perch Shad Rap got me a white perch:

I also trolled a Yellow Perch Crankin' Rap CRR-5, but it got only a rock bass:

After the Perch Shad Rap got another rock bass, I threw a wacky rigged five inch Senko for a while and got a short largemouth bass:

It wasn't until the sun peeked out a bit from behind the clouds, the temperature rose to the low 70s and the wind rose a bit out of the south that the Perch Shad rap got a cannibalistic yellow perch:

I got only another yellow perch with a Perch Jointed Shad Rap JSR-5 before I got off of the water. But, man, it was great to get out there again. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice see you got 1 anyway ive been getting all my work around here finished up didnt even log in till i finished......if I had i would of skiped work for fishing and would of had to do it tomorrow as it is im FREEEEEEEE !!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Phil, wondered where you've been for a couple days Laughing I have that same damn shad rap, never caught anything on it. Maybe here in Ct it'll work. One more day of work this week, then 4 days off Cool Friday we're off to the DMV to register our boat and trailer, then it's relaxing for the rest of the weekend.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job once again Phil
SAP284

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the pictures, the water really does look like glass! I really enjoy fishing when there's no wind and the water is that calm..nice Wally Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always awesome report !!! Hay got a question for u PECo what size hook u use when u throw that wacky rig I've alway just thrown the 4" inch senko wacky with size 4 hook ? Love fishing when the waters like glass.....only problem is the airs so stifling I need a FAN on the boat just to keep the sweat out of my eyes!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always throw five inch Senkos on Gamakatsu Number 4 Octopus Circle Hooks. The "in the lip" versus "in the gut" ratio is really good with the Octopus Circle Hooks. I usually hook largemouth bass in the corner of the mouth with them.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a small hook for that big thick juicy worm ! ? Do u get a lot of short strikes? Do u hook it or rubber band it to it?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use o-rings. I really didn't want to use them, at first, but Fishface (aka Tim) finally got me convinced that Senkos with o-rings work better than Senkos without o-rings.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur I just started using the o-rings this year !! I never thought about it before now but maybe I'm using too big of a hook now That I'm using the O-rings ?? 😱

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish! I just picked up one of those perch shad raps a couple days ago, i'll have to give it a go. FWIW i've also had great luck with my Helsinki Shad Shad-Rap, as well as the usual yellow perch and bluegill raps.

I'm kinda new to the wacky senko party, I'll have to give those O-Rings on it a shot.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What really works is the amount of money you will save with the O- rings Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: