CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Hanover Pond Meriden 05/22/12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve_1980

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Hanover Pond Meriden 05/22/12 Reply with quote

Got a haircut and noticed the sun was finally out so i drove to the nearest pond which happened to be Hanover. I grew up here and I never knew that lake had quality bass but I caught three of them. Two on a frog and the biggest on a 4in Zoom plastic jerk bait in white.
All fish were over 3lb with the last one over 5lb. It was an insane 45 min!
I saw beds everywhere and as the night came more and more fish were on them. Originally I had thought they already spawned and the beds were empty but I guess not. Does anyone know how that works? I thought they stayed with the beds all day.
Ryanmalloy44

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion I would think the fish were either on the beds or really close by if you didn't see them earlier. Possibly the shifting of the sun and changing light allowed you to see what was really there earlier?

Unless the pre and post spawn cruisers are coming in for an evening meal it's hard to believe they came in for the evening to occupy their beds.

I'm not sure if the water temp gets too warm during the regular day light hours if that has some sort of effect on the fish occupying their beds. But once they are locked on they should be in the immediate area of the bed until the spawn is done.

Intesting question that has my mind wondering though.
rmflint

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spawn is so messed up this year...some bass spawned over a month ago and some are just starting. The temperatures have just varied to much.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true, weather has everything screwed up this year.
slim2043

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanover has some quality bass. I like fishing there. Good job dude

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yeah that river and that pond produce some Hugh fish! Grew up in the area spent more time fishing there then anywhere else I've ever been. there definitely one or more summers that I was there every other day of the week religiously!!! Only problem is no one thinks anyone would want to or does fish that pond and I've had people block the boat ramp because they "didn't see or know there was a boat ramp" got stuck there one day for over an hour looking for the car owner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: