CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: what fishing means to US
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rvolkers

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: what fishing means to US Reply with quote

a couple of days ago i got into a bit of a war of words about bass fishing on this forum about a local lake! NOT SMART of me to do that! And it was explained to me by a fisherman that HE HAS MADE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS bass fishing and HE KNEW HIS STUFF! which i am sure he does and ALTHOUGH not for me!! my fishing times over the past 60 years is not measured in thousands of dollars WHICH IS FINE BY ME for other folks!

I am an outdoorsman. I love being outside in nature, and I especially love fishing. I can spend entire days outside, out on the lake/river/saltwater or a pond or stream, with just a buddy or my son and a fishing pole to keep me occupied. Many of my fondest memories are related to fishing, and most of these I share with my closest friends and NOW my son. Fishing is more than just an activity for me, it's a way I can escape from the stresses and pressures of the “real world”, to just relax and enjoy life. I hear a lot of people complain that fishing is no fun unless the fish are biting, but I have a different perspective. I simply cherish the opportunity to get away for awhile, to admire God's creation, and to have time to myself. Catching fish is just a bonus.

I've fished in a wide variety of locations, and from sunny to cold to rainy days. However much of my favorite times has been spent during a spring fishing trip that my old roommate from collage days and I have been doing for over 35 years!

As far back as my memory will take me, my fishing has involved family and friends and friendships that have been made and sadly taking away before their time! AND NOW MY SON loves to fish! -- that in its self says volumes when given all the distractions the youth of today has!

SORRY IF I BORED ANYONE OR SOUNDED LIKE I WAS TOOTING A HORN!
ITS FISHING and it's the best!!!
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I hear ya bud I love to hook'em to ......but its definitely more to it than just pounding the water with lures for me allso...Sadly I dont seem to enjoy it as much when im floating around the lake alone in my boat as much as I use to ...

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YUUPP - i hear you - i will fish alone as a drastic alternative! - but being with someone JUST makes for a good time and some laughs and a little competition
(LOL) i am lucky my son ALWAYS wants to go and i can always find a replacement for him in our small boat!
fishfinder

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless your fishing during the day when everyone else is at work I highly doubt youll have a problem filling that second seat void!!!! Im pretty sure all youll have to do is say the word and someone would be happy to jump in!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
rvolkers

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YUUUPPP!
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in an ER and crew an ambulance. I get slammed with people all day long. While I do enjoy fishing with a few friends and my daughter, I have no problems throwing the boat in and fishing solo. Quality quiet time. It also can be tough fishing a canoe with someone that doesnt do it often. I would like to hook up sometime and fish with some folks from here in a small group of boats or small boat outing. Either way I just love to fish.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup im the weekday caster most ppl not around much during the day...even though PEco and I have managed a few trips out I could allway do more

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All posts very well said!

All the money made fishing most likely doesn't compare to all the money spent on Tackle, Equipment and Time Off from work used and spent to achieve that goal.

It's not about the money for me. It's all about spending time with my son and friends and being alone at times.

I know a few anglers in CT that can put us all to shame and they do it for the above stated reasons. I've fished with a few and the experience on the water with them for a day no money can buy.

I do associate with a small Bass Club in CT and enjoy every bit of the competition. Especially when the new guy like me out fishes the more experienced members like my son. Doesn't happen often but on occasion and the best part is the stories at the end of the day as to how I did it or the ribbing I get when I don't.

Those are experience's money can't buy.

My days off rotate which gives me time during the week to fish. If your in need of company let me know. I'm not stingy with the gas money or lunch! LOL. I work for the prison system so I'm always looking for some relaxation.
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drop me a pm if it isnt goning to pour on us or I havent allready promised the day to another you can allways head out with me...im farmington area 5 min from Batterson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: