CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam Lake 05/10 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hybrids! Is this a natural occurrence between the two mating? We fished Bantam today from 6am till noon. About 10am I hooked into something big. About 10 feet from the boat she spit the lure but not until she performed some aerial stunts and roll. Guestimating over 24 inches and a golden brown color under clear/slightly stained water about five feet deep. Never got a really good look at her but it put up one heck of a fight.

Up in North Bay we tangled with someones 50lb Braid that they were so kind to leave attached to a 32 inch pike. The line tangled in our trolling motor. To our surprise, after untangling the 100+ feet of mess there was a pike attached to the other end. My son had the braid wrapped around his hand as he bent over the bow only to be almost pulled overboard when the fish decided to run. It was a sight to see.

The line and hook were safely removed and the pike set free to fight another day. As you can see it was tired and a little limp but it swam away safely.

PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like some human males, male chain pickerel and northern pike are indiscriminate about where they put their milt. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha! Thats a good one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: