CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson 5/18 Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Batterson 5/18 Reply with quote

Last night my friend and I got back out on Batterson in search of our first ever walleye. We got on the water around 9:30. I trolled a perch color shad rap while my friend trolled a silver original floating rapala. After about 20 minutes I got a hit which I knew wasn't big and landed a dinky little rock bass Razz Not even 5 minutes later I got another hit. This time my rod bent over and I knew i had a big fish. After fighting the fish for a minute I noticed that it wasn't coming to the surface so my heart started racing because I had heard that walleye tend to stay down. Then about a minute later I got the fish to my kayak and shined my light on it. IT WAS MY FIRST WALLEYE! It was 21 inches long and weighed 2 pounds 13 ounces.

We kept fishing until 11 but we weren't getting anything so we decided to troll the same shoreline back to the boat launch. Around 11:10 my friend got a hit and this fish was staying down to! He brought it to his kayak and sure enough, he got his first walleye! His was 18 inches, 2 pounds 7 ounces!

I couldn't believe we got two keepers in one night! Anyway, we kept trolling back to the boat launch. My friend ended up getting a white perch and another little rockbass Razz When we were about 100 yards away from the launch I got another big hit! I heard a big splash behind me and had a feeling it was a large mouth. This fish put up a good fight for a few minutes until I landed it. It ended up being a chunky 17 inch, 2 pound 7 ounce largemouth. Not the biggest i've caught but it sure put up a fight! I didn't get a picture of that fish though Confused We got off the water around 11:45 with a total of 2 rock bass, 1 white perch, 1 large mouth and OUR FIRST WALLEYE!
Fishface

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job guys.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering who that was fishing along the opposite shoreline! Nice job on the walleye.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What time were you out there?
Michael

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats guys
PECo

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, guys! Your keeper to short ratio is WAAAY better than mine! Laughing

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peco, that's funny you say that because that was the first thing I thought about when I got the fish. I figured I would get a bunch of shorts like you did before you got your first keeper.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowhunter095 wrote:
What time were you out there?

I'm not too good with time...rough estimate 10pm-2am? It got cold out there - 48 degrees!

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow I thought we were the only ones out there! Did you hear what sounded light a pack of coyotes attacking something?
PECo

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually saw what I think was a coyote pup on the west shore of the pond last year.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowhunter095 wrote:
Oh wow I thought we were the only ones out there! Did you hear what sounded light a pack of coyotes attacking something?

Haha, I usually hear some sort of serious nature dispute, but no coyotes. There were 2 of us & some carpers out there.

bowhunter095

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peco, I swear I heard one over there so I paddled away Razz And turtlekiss, i've heard coyotes before and it sure sounded like there was a bunch of them.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a video from 07/26/2011 of what I thought at the time was a coyote puppy. It's overexposed, but here it is:

http://youtu.be/1F17oRM3p2Q

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sure did look like a coyote pup! What part of Batterson was that? I can't picture it
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowhunter095 wrote:
that sure did look like a coyote pup! What part of Batterson was that? I can't picture it

Left from the launch in the SW corner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: