CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: (first report) Squantz and THE RES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReservoirDog

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: (first report) Squantz and THE RES Reply with quote

Trout/stockie fishing has been hot and fun, i fish mainly a certain RES that produces some amazing fish of all species. For some of you who know me you know where that place is. The first few weeks of this season have been great i've caught / seen many trout and the occasional walleye (one landed on a phoebe) monster perch and some nice smallies.

From what i understand some of the lakes and ponds received more trout do to the low rivers which has made stockie fishing very good this season thus far. I had 20 plus day on Squantz.. If you want to get into some stockies some to 19inches head over there before you have to pay to get in. I've nights fished squantz quite a few time the last few weeks and have only seen two walleye caught one on a phoebe which was 17 inches and one 21 incher have heard of others being caught but that hear say.

As for my home turf THE RES haven't seen any walleye but heard of one being caught. Trout fishing has been good we picked up a couple 5 pounders under slip bobbers and fishing the bottom with shiners. Kastmasters produce a few small trout and one nice brookie. Caught some monster perch this season 15-16 inches and some fat white perch all on shiners. Hopefully the walleye pick and if not any that are caught i may have to stay tight lipped on them for a while haha.

Most of our fish were caught on shiner either on the bottom or under slip bobbers. The stockies at squantz well thats a secret lure i pick up (bought them all at walmart in danbury) But anything small and gold/silver should do it down there.

Some of you that know me know I like to shoot video while we are out so i'll post the videos shot so far most are from squantz out of the kayak and with the new camera and mount give a pretty cool angle / quality.. look forward to posting more here.

Make sure you change the settings in youtube to watch in FULL HD

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link
tyler2528

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice trout and videos
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice first report! Welcome to the site!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice trout!! Next time try not to make fishing into a contact sport...Wink
PECo

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much of a trout fisherman, but that looked like a lot of fun! Thanks. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R-D...

Long time no talk my brother.

I knew that it wouldn't be long before the "Live Footage" came along.

How's the fingers doing?

So that's what's been going on over there. I gotta to get over there real soon.

JC

P.S. Say hello to your Dad & George for me.
ReservoirDog

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll never hear a "fish story" from me cause ill have it on video haha. Yeah trout have been fun but its almost time to bunker down and concentrate on breaking that 12lb 2oz mark for walleye but i think its going to be tough this season may not happen till later.

Finger is fine didnt end up stitching it but it would stay closed so i threw some super glue in and it was good to go with a few days still a little tender.I haven't seen much of George since the middle of last season trying to get him out he needs it.

hopefully the next three days (i have off) will produce something worth talking about.
rvolkers

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE POND IS THE BEST! - this in many years was a surprise to a bunch of folks - the mall guys were over done before the end of april! the large guys are in the middle of the dance AND the trout have been just hanging around doing their thing! i can not remember ever catching so many trout! (LOL) and the kicker is that i never fished for them! the hit every bass lure i threw - especially top water! IT WAS FUN!
AlexF

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice vids! If you don't mind me asking; how does the res fish in the fall months. I ask because many of my usual spots aren't to hot in the fall. Thanks!
ReservoirDog

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, the RES can be a very picky place i personaly like it the first month of the season and then Sept till it closes.. But if they lower the water i like to fish it hard.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great videos as always John
AlexF

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for sharing your knowledge man, I appreciate it. Btw keep up the good work with all your youtube vids!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: