CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Hayward - Colchester/East Haddam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishin'Fireman

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Lake Hayward - Colchester/East Haddam Reply with quote

Anyone have some info on Lake Hayward? My girlfriends parents have a house on the lake there and i've seen some guys out there fishing. I went once for a quick 30 minutes and caught a nice size largemouth, but that was the only time

I did some research online and it looks like it has largies, smallies, crappie, and walleye. I have no confirmation on the walleye but i wouldn't be surprised if they were out there.

edit: here's the link
http://www.fishingnotes.com/lakeinfo.php?id=3335

I know it's an electric motor only lake, but not sure of much else. The one time i went out i was in a 14 foot boat with an electric trolling motor on and fished the shorelines.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good bass lake and a small population of Smallies take your time and fish the whole lake. Never heard of Walleye in there .

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure there is Pike there too. Don't think it says it in the anglers guide, but its one of those places...

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of walleye there either but the fishing report makes it seem they are in there.

As far as pike that would be interesting f they were. Next time I go out if there's someone fishing I'll have to check with them on both

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: lake hayward Reply with quote

hi i started fishing hayward in1990. fished about 50 days a year and never ssaw a pike or walleye. there are some smallmouth. in 21 years i got just over 9000 large mouth bass. two on the wall the rest went back in. jerry
SAP284

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, it was Hopeville Pond not Hayward. Brain has been scattered the past couple weeks..

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: lake hayward Reply with quote

jerrybud wrote:
hi i started fishing hayward in1990. fished about 50 days a year and never ssaw a pike or walleye. there are some smallmouth. in 21 years i got just over 9000 large mouth bass. two on the wall the rest went back in. jerry

Thanks for the report! Sent you a PM. I'm at the Lake quite frequently on weekends, if i'm there maybe i'll see you around

-Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: