CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson Park Pond 05/11 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishing Addict

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report peco. nice fishing .

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Don't know how u do it !! Was there from 12:30 to 6:30pm ! I think I saw you two! I was the boat waiting to use the ramp so I could leave ! Got one small large mouth on a 4" baby bass senko wacky rigged ! That was it ! Tryed swim baits and spinners baits .... Nothing !!! Then I go online the next day and find out u pulled in the whole place !! Lol. Nice report keep up the good work ! Twisted Evil oh yeah almost forgot!! that's a bad ass walleye you got !!

Last edited by SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!! on Mon May 14, 2012 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't you! Wrong side of the lake and wrong lures! It's rare I don't have chartreuse spinner baits but today was one. At least you got to see a sample of what comes outa there! LOL

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always used to just bang the shoreline and the submerged island at Batterson for largemouth bass, but trolling for walleye has given me a whole new perspective on the pond. I think that trolling from a powered boat is a little boring and trolling without a fish finder is tough. Luckily, The Other Woman, which is my pedal-powered Hobie Pro Angler, has a fish finder on her, so I get to pedal along at 1-1/2 miles per hour next to structure and cover, and at the right depth. Plus, it helps that I enjoy just catching fish, any fish, so even rock bass are fun. Very Happy

Remember, Rule Number One of fishing is: In order to catch fish, you must fish where the fish are. Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say fishing in the dark is quite eerie - especially when there was no moon that night !? what the -

But couldn't be in better hands - thanks Phil & Kira!
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJay wrote:
I have to say fishing in the dark is quite eerie - especially when there was no moon that night !? what the -

But couldn't be in better hands - thanks Phil & Kira!

Nice fishing with you, Jason. The scariness factor went away for me a long time ago...just do it often and you'll see it's one of the most productive times to catch fish (although Batterson is inconsistent.) It also gives you opportunities to peacefully fish lakes that get hit hard by water skiers in the summer. When the water temp is higher you won't have to cast nearly as close to shore because night bass move away from structure to feed. Some of those "unproductive" ponds really light up once the sun goes down.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
hila2006

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice guys, Batterson is sure working out for you. Congrats Phil on the walleye, nice fish, how was dinner? We spent our whole weekend at the new place doing the landscaping, mowing raking etc. Wasn't supposed to take that long, but nobodies touched it in over a year. Looked like damn hay field, not a yard. But the hard part of that is done, 3 weekends to go and we're there for good.
slim2043

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you finally landed Moby Dick! How'd he taste?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walleye is still my favorite freshwater fish to eat. It was absolutely delicious. And a 23 inch walleye makes a light dinner for my family of four. It's a lot easier filleting one walleye, instead of eight white perch.

BTW, congratulations, Tim! Very Happy
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great report as usual! It's only a matter of time before you get a tagged walleye!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: