CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Wintergreen anyone?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mattyk182

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Lake Wintergreen anyone? Reply with quote

Does anyone here fish at Lake Wintergreen in Hamden? I don't usually fish there because the only luck I've ever had was sunnies and 3 rainbows one day while on a rowboat with a buddy of mine. I went there today with a friend and my girlfriend and once again had no luck in a few hours after fishing a couple of spots. My girlfriend caught 5 4 inch sunnies and that was about it. Has anyone here had good luck there and if you did, what are your spots?
jbrown815

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fish there pretty regularly since I live less than 10 minutes away. When the water warms up I've had decent luck with largemouths. No record breakers but I'd usually pull in a couple around a foot in an hour or so after work.

Actually went there yesterday and pulled in about a foot long rainbow. First trout I've ever caught.

I usually fish right at the entrance for the convenience of it and that's where I've caught all the bass I've caught out of that lake.
Mattyk182

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbrown815 wrote:
I fish there pretty regularly since I live less than 10 minutes away. When the water warms up I've had decent luck with largemouths. No record breakers but I'd usually pull in a couple around a foot in an hour or so after work.

Actually went there yesterday and pulled in about a foot long rainbow. First trout I've ever caught.

I usually fish right at the entrance for the convenience of it and that's where I've caught all the bass I've caught out of that lake.

Did you catch the trout at the entrance? I caught 3 rainbow one time all the way on the left side of the lake and that's the only time I ever got trout.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caught the trout like 40 feet down the path along the left side of the lake as you walk in.
Mattyk182

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbrown815 wrote:
Caught the trout like 40 feet down the path along the left side of the lake as you walk in.

The Lilly pads fill in so quick over there, it' crazy. I don't usually fish that part because I always seem to get stuck. What do you normally use when you fish there? Spinners?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: