CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake McDonough 04/30 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hila2006

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I'd rather catch a cold than a rock bass at least a cold fights back Laughing, thats a good one. Although in Mass on the Ct river in Bartons cove there are some massive rock bass dude, they fight like all living hell. I'd rather catch a couple like that than catch nothing.
slim2043

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hila2006 wrote:
Hey Tim, we'll be there for June 1st at the latest. I'll post and when we get there, can't wait to start lake living again dude

I'm sure you're pumped. Let me know when to come visit.... We still haven't met!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hila2006 wrote:
But I'd rather catch a cold than a rock bass at least a cold fights back Laughing, thats a good one. Although in Mass on the Ct river in Bartons cove there are some massive rock bass dude, they fight like all living hell. I'd rather catch a couple like that than catch nothing.

I caught it like 30 feet deep. Maybe he had bladder issues but I have had stick fish with way more fight Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slim better go huge i caught a 5 in rocky on a 4 in minow yesterday ...
PECo

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rock bass in East Twin Lake are huge and fight like small largemouth bass. They'll hit big lures, too. Last May, I caught one with a perch patterned four inch SPRO BBZ-1 Shad swimbait, one with a 2-1/4 inch River2Sea Stand'n Yabbie crawfish, one with a wacky rigged green pumpkin/red flake six inch Senko, one with a wacky rigged green pumpkin/red flake five inch Senko, two with a big white spinnerbait and 13 with a Mepps Aglia Dressed inline spinnerbait with a big #5 rainbow trout patterned blade and a brown bucktail. If I were to ever decide to keep and eat a bunch of rock bass, that's where I'd go to get 'em.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Tim, we'll meet up soon though, been trying to run into ya someplace since we got here. 4 weekends to go, then we're there for good. Got like tons of people looking to hook up to, we should do like a friendly T with all friendlies on here, I'm sure Phil will be up for it to. Be in touch soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: