CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Squantz Pond Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimiChanga

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeOkay wrote:
I tried squantz for a few hours yesterday morning. Fishing from the shore directly to the right of the boat launch but all i could get were some sunnys and small rock bass.It was totally worth it though because a huge bald eagle flew across the pond at one point. Really beautiful sight.

That's just what I mean about Squantz Pond right there. You didn't exactly get skunked fishing wise, but the eagle made up for it.

Things like that are what to keep in mind while at Squantz., because the skunk is ALWAYS hangin round just lookin for somebody. Twisted Evil

JC

P.S. All this Squantz talk got me thinking, I've not been there in a few years...Maybe it's time to return to the "Squantz"?
rvolkers

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YUUUP! its a great place! for fishing and chillin!
a shame there was talk a few years back about row boat rentals! I GOT STOKED - BUT al that changed when the folks started drowning every summer! - it is great place to YAK fish though!
rvolkers

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QUIT thinking and GO - the smallies are hitting THE TROUT are out of control and if it warms up a tad after this week the old bucket mouths should be heading in for some sex in the city! -- a great place to try from shore is to walk in and fish the left side from beach into the cove AND the 2 stone walls that go out on either side of the beaches! -- we did great there in the boat casting to about 1 foot from shore! -- DON'T RULE OUT top water i did my best on wed throwing a good old FLOATING SILER RAPALA! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: